Strange Idle Issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone,

I am driving around the US in my 94 Fzj80 with 196,000 on it. So far, about 1500 miles in, the truck is running great. Today I started it up just fine but I noticed when I stopped at a light that the rpm would quickly drop to about 450-500rpm and then immediately bounce back up to 600.

Normally, when in drive or reverse, the truck idles at 600-620rpm. In Park and neutral it idles at 650. It still idles fine in park, but I've noticed that in reverse it idles a little lower, just under 600rpm. Drive idles at a solid 600 now. Shifting to reverse also creates a loud clunk, which I honestly can't remember is normal or if I'm being paranoid.

Oil levels are fine, no coolant in the oil or oil in the coolant, no smoke out the tailpipe, it doesn't idle rough etc.

I just want to nip any problem at the bud in case it's serious, I'll be in Colorado soon so if something goes wrong it would be best to have it repaired there rather than Missouri or Kansas.

Anyone have this kind of issue before? Truck runs perfectly otherwise.

You can also get on here: Air Cleaner Intake Hose for '95 to '97 Land Cruiser FZJ80 FJ80 Lexus LX450 Sure, it's a few $ more, but you'll be supporting a fellow MUDder's business.

I've been chasing an idle issue as well, and replacing the intake tube & all the vacuum lines has definitely improved things. At 20+ years old, for the "youngest" truck, the plastic & rubber pieces are getting so dried out and brittle, that it makes sense to just spend an hour and replace them all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom