Strange fridge smells while off solved (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's not always a good idea to keep the ARB latch in the "vented" position if the fridge is mounted in the truck all the time.

I threw a couple of these in the fridge..

20180219_104227.jpg

I clean mine and let it vent for a day or so. Then close it. .... when is time to use it again it smell a bit, but that smells usually dissipates with in minutes after it is turn on...... i have read that coffee grinds are a good option as well...

Coffee grinds are an old ICU nurses trick for absorbing the most challenging odors. If it works well in that setting well then it can work anywhere. Plus who doesn't love a fridge that smells like coffee!

we use ‘Arm and Hammer’ Baking Soda ... they sell boxes of the stuff with permeable sides specifically for use in ‘fridges ...works fine. Has lots of other uses as well - makes a good fire extinguisher, a teaspoon in a glass of warm water can cure heartburn, rebalance your PH and a small amount of the stuff made into a paste applied to a insect sting can relieve the pain. Probably lots more uses too.
This is the best known inexpensive solution that has existed for decades. Also can be used as toothpaste! It's truly a multi tool.

My father brushed his teeth with baking soda and gargled with warm salt water... he had great teeth --- people would laugh at him and tell him to buy a good set of dentures cause his looked like cheap fake ones ..... they were his own teeth!! :)

It's not always a good idea to keep the ARB latch in the "vented" position if the fridge is mounted in the truck all the time.
After having mine running constantly for 2+ years, I just started storing mine propped open with the latch. What's the risk?

If you load something into the back of the truck, like plywood, there's a risk of knocking the fridge lid around.

After having mine running constantly for 2+ years, I just started storing mine propped open with the latch. What's the risk?

I was doing that, but the plastic bracket eventually cracked from bouncing around. I did manage to glue it together and the fridge still seals, I think, but doesn't have that very audible "click" anymore when the latch is firmly closed. I picked up a couple of those bags that Phil originally linked from a local Bed Bath and Beyond for $15 CDN.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom