Straightening bent rims? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone have any luck getting their bent OEM rims straightened? Are the straightened ones as strong as they were originally (or strong enough to not worry too much about it)?

My parked rig had a freak meeting with an out of control tractor and I'm trying to track down one 16" OEM wheel for my LX470. The alignment shop told me I should reach out to wheel repair place if I'm not having an easy time getting a replacement (I'm not, locally at least). Just wondering what the consensus was on this stuff.
IMG_8862.JPG

If they are steel rims, no problem beating them back into shape with a BFH. I've done it several times, never any leaks or other issues. But must be steel rims.

These are OEM LX470 rims, so presumably aluminum.

Find a place that does rim repair. They can fix stuff that seems unrepairable. Even on aluminum rims.

I drove a miata for a time (don't judge, super fun car), and the thing was always bending wheels. They were aluminum rims, 17 inch and a local wheel repair shop was able to get them back to good as new for around $100 a pop. I just dropped the wheel and tire off, they repaired and rebalanced and I reinstalled. Totally worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom