STLCA NEW YEARS RIDE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anyone know the water level?
No snorkel for me. Assume water levels are not very high

Until someone can put eyeballs on it, USGS has some data for the Sequatchie River on the other side of Whitwell(https://nwis.waterdata.usgs.gov/nwi...SGS&site_no=03571000&parm_cd=00060&period=768). Looks like water flows are up a bunch from November but relatively low compared to the two prior Decembers.

graph.png

PS - I don't have a snorkel either so I will be turning back if we get to water that's too deep.

Given forecast and water levels (even after today's overnight rain), I think we're safe...and I am in the lower truck crew though I do now have a snorkel. Hey, it can't be as bad as last year when it was over my hood and no snorkel. Ha. Still planning a Saturday departure, too, as my sister and her family are coming in Saturday night to do Christmas with cousins.

Assuming that we need to bring some dry firewood, is that correct?

I found the rainfall data from Jan 2015's New Years Ride. Whitwell received 2.56 inches of rain over the Fri-Sun span. The majority of that was on the fateful Sunday. According to forecasts, we will see less than half of that this year at 1.15 inches. Looking at the chart above, water levels are nearly the same as Jan 2015.

I'm hoping that means that we won't see the flooding that caused us problems in 2015.

IMG_9474.PNG

I assume this event is closed to non-Toyota vehicles? I've got a friend who would be interested but he went from an 80 to an Xterra as a better daily driver.

Usually all are welcome to attend.

Guys,
Been getting the truck ready and was checking under rear axle. My right seal is shot and am leaking gear oil. At this point, we are an extreme maybe as I am going to see if I can source seals, shoes and tear axle apart and put back together. Ugh!!!!!
1483037691000-1146863717.jpg

I'm making progress get the axle off right now and going to get ready to tear the seals out
20161229_182713.jpg

Sadly I'm out for this year, I hate that I'm missing it but looking forward to hearing all about it when you all get back, have a great time everyone and be safe.

Looks like I am not gonna make it guys. Got most of it together, but cannot bleed it correctly. I look forward to hesring anout the trip from everyone.
20161229_225821.jpg

Here are a few snapshots from the first day of the ride. I had to bug out early today but really appreciate the hospitality yesterday!!

DSC_0522.jpg
DSC_0527.jpg
DSC_0528.jpg
DSC_0530.jpg
DSC_0539.jpg

DSC_0542.jpg
DSC_0545.jpg
DSC_0548.jpg
DSC_0554.jpg

Looks like a good crew.

Hope you had fun. It looks like a great day

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Well I was able to swap out the tie rod end pretty quickly. Oreilly had it waiting when I got there.

Had a great time despite my truck going pigeon toed halfway through the trip. Look forward to doing it again!

Thanks again to Roger and everyone else for helping me limp back to black top.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom