Steves Loop Trail Run 1/27/07 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

rusty_tlc

Dain Bramaged Member
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
Trail: Painted Rocks / Steve’s Loop

Description: This is a scenic loop with a moderately technical section.

Date: Saturday, January 27

Meet Time: 9:00 am Leave Time: 9:30 am

Meeting Location: At the Albertson’s on Pyramid Hwy in North of Sparks.

Trail Difficulty: Probably 2-3 depending on conditions

Additional Equipment needed: Lunch

Duration of Run: We should be aired up and on pavement around mid afternoon.

Tread Lightly / CB Channel 3

BBCNN

Should be there. I even managed to get the passenger side slider done, I just have to finish the driver's side and get them painted.

Jack

Should be there. I even managed to get the passenger side slider done, I just have to finish the driver's side and get them painted.

Jack
Did you get the SLEE sliders? I was reading about them in Nolans 100 build thread, sounds like they go on easy.

I'll probably put the 33" BFG AT's back on my 40 this weekend. I was kind of hoping to get out to Moon Rocks before I took the swampers off but I don't see that in my schedule.

Did you get the SLEE sliders? I was reading about them in Nolans 100 build thread, sounds like they go on easy.

Nope, homebuilt and kicking my a$$. Will have less than $300 into these, most retail for $800. After struggling with them, I'm not sure I wouldn't buy them next time.

Jack

Nope, homebuilt and kicking my a$$. Will have less than $300 into these, most retail for $800. After struggling with them, I'm not sure I wouldn't buy them next time.

Jack

Where are some pics Jack? That is the next project after the SOA and I wanna steal some ideas from ya!!!!
Do you have a bender? What materials are you using?
I WANNA SEE! I WANNA SEE! I WANNA SEE!!!:bounce: :bounce2:

Chicago

Where are some pics Jack? That is the next project after the SOA and I wanna steal some ideas from ya!!!!

Chicago

I haven't taken any pictures yet. They are 2x4 rails with 2x3 box tube for the outriggers. The outriggers are welded to plates and then bolted on to the frame. Because of he exhaust running outside of the frame, there are some interesting cuts to get around the catylitic converters on the passenger side.

I am not putting any tubing/rails on the outside, because I'm keeping the sliders under the doors mainly for an accidental drop down onto something. This is not a rock crawler so I didn't want to interfere with getting in and out. That was one of the stipulations from Darcie. She got tired of doing the ballet over the tube ones on the 4runner.

Jack

Chicago

Keith: Your's will be a whole lot easier to design and build...without the 80 series cat issue.

I haven't taken any pictures yet. They are 2x4 rails with 2x3 box tube for the outriggers. The outriggers are welded to plates and then bolted on to the frame. Because of he exhaust running outside of the frame, there are some interesting cuts to get around the catylitic converters on the passenger side.

I am not putting any tubing/rails on the outside, because I'm keeping the sliders under the doors mainly for an accidental drop down onto something. This is not a rock crawler so I didn't want to interfere with getting in and out. That was one of the stipulations from Darcie. She got tired of doing the ballet over the tube ones on the 4runner.

Jack

I have been thinking about something similar for my next pair of sliders. The 2x6 channel I have now does the job but in a perfect world is about 1" too wide...I think the 2x4 with the 2x3 welded to the slider/2x4 section would provide the 'step' and might be a good combo. It would be the perfect 5" and still allow a nice step for roof access/windshield cleaning.

Jack

I have a camera you can borrow...Either that, lemme come over, and Ill take em my self:D
Id love to see how youre setting all that up!
Im a big fan of the tube sliders my self, but the 2x4 style youre describing was a thought I had also, and looks nice as well.
That is the way 2badfjs does his, and they look pretty beefy!

Chicago

Keith: Your's will be a whole lot easier to design and build...without the 80 series cat issue.

Im not so sure about that...
On the 62, they had the bright idea to out board the exhaust on the exterior of the frame rail, so the cat does become an issue on the 62's as well...I THINK...
I havent looked at it in a while.

Chicago

I have a camera you can borrow...Either that, lemme come over, and Ill take em my self:D
Id love to see how youre setting all that up!
Im a big fan of the tube sliders my self, but the 2x4 style youre describing was a thought I had also, and looks nice as well.
That is the way 2badfjs does his, and they look pretty beefy!

Chicago

I'll try and get some pictures taken, or you can come over and check them out. I didn't realize that the 62's had the same exhaust problems. That sucks, because it sucks on mine. The driver's side is easy. The exhaust runs outside the frame on the passenger side so you have to put the outrigger down and under the cats. I'll try to get some taken this weekend and posted.

Jack

I'll try and get some pictures taken, or you can come over and check them out. I didn't realize that the 62's had the same exhaust problems. That sucks, because it sucks on mine. The driver's side is easy. The exhaust runs outside the frame on the passenger side so you have to put the outrigger down and under the cats. I'll try to get some taken this weekend and posted.

Jack

On the 62, its the drivers side that is the PITA! What were they thinking?
In fact, the exhatst in question is SCREWING me for my x member build for the traction bar...
I HATE THAT THING!!!!

Chicago

On the 62, its the drivers side that is the PITA! What were they thinking?
In fact, the exhatst in question is SCREWING me for my x member build for the traction bar...
I HATE THAT THING!!!!

Chicago

I have to agree the exhaust routing is not one of Toyota's better ideas, more like an afterthought.

Jack

P.S. I got the driver's side slider welded up today. I just have do the cleanup grinding and painting. So they will be on for the 27th.:bounce:

Congrats brotha!!!
Now take some damn pics so I can see!!!:flipoff2:

Chicago

Congrats brotha!!!
Now take some damn pics so I can see!!!:flipoff2:

Chicago

I just have to grind down some of my bird droppings and get everything cleaned up and I'll snap some photos.

Jack

Ya know,
Dick would be an excellent resource for the Death Valley info as he frequents that area quite often, from what I gather!
I go on the Blotch run in on the last weekend of April and it is BEAUTIFUL at that time.
Its nice and warm, like tank top warm! The higher elevations is where you have to prep for the cold stuff!
The last night we were there last year, we were at the top of Ballarat Canyon, and it got a bit chilly, but nothing a sweatshirt couldnt handle.
If I werent going then, Id try and make it with you all...providing my rig was actually able to run.

Chicago

well all the 40 is up and will be on the steves trail run the 27 so see you guys there

Dan

well all the 40 is up and will be on the steves trail run the 27 so see you guys there

Dan

So was it just the adjustment? If so, that sure beats having to replace the clutch.

Jack

yes it was adjustment so wont have to replace it yet anyway everything was adjusted out as far as it could be top and bottom side so anyway its up and seems to be doing well took it out for abit on some back roads yesterday and did fine WHEW glad i dont have to do the clutch right now anyway ROFL

Dan

Hey all check out reno4x4.com they did steves loop last saturday there is pics and Vid i checked it out looks like lotta fun to be had hehe its in the trails and events section

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom