Stereo Upgrade- Inexpensive (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I got me a vacuum tube powered Zenith Trans-oceanic from the lake 1940's that STILL WORKS. I bet you can't get BBC on yours :p

Hehe, I just like the Rockports cuz they cost 92k :eek:. I would prolly get a set if Wilson Watt/Puppys with maybe the Conrad Johnson GAT amp. I would really like a set of NHT ST4s, supposidly a great speaker for the price. Just needs a good amp cuz they need power to sound good. Ya, I like absolute sound, also like Hi-Fi+ but most of the stuff in that one is way far out of my league.

[quote author=cary link=board=2;threadid=4310;start=0#msg31981 date=1060791122]
bike riding addiction, [/quote]

Bike riding addiction? Pedal or motorized?
If the former...what kind of bikes do you ride? A man with your tastes must ride maybe Moots, Seven,.....?

Ed

Hrm Klipsch is good consumer high-end, not hi-fi but they are good, i really like my Klipsch 2.1s for my computer. Klipsch and Athena are both good and availabe at Best Buy now.

ride maybe Moots, Seven,.....?

Are these motorcycles or bikes? If they are motorcycles who the heck is Moots and Seven? I consider myself proficient with motorcycle history, mainly Ducs, but never heard of those. Errr Ok did a google search, i see that they are road bikes, im dumb. heh Ive got a Cannon :D :D. My 1x2 mode of transportation

Cary - great setup dude.

I have Krell electronics and B&W 802's for mains, of course Velo HGS sub. ;)

can never have enough addictions :flipoff2: :D

Bikes- The kind you pedal. Sorry no Moots or Lightspeeds, Gary Fisher Hardtail Mountain Bike, Klein Stage Comp R road bike, and also a Lemond Zurich road bike.
One of these days there will be a new Klein Palomino or Santa Cruz Blur in the garage.

John- I have the answer to all of your audio dreams www.audiogon.com. Why buy new when you can buy used for 1/3 the price. The only new component I have bought in the past 5 years was my DVD/Transport. Remember audiophiles are always buying product of the week and selling their old stuff. BTW, HSU makes some good stuff, but for the money, I would be looking at used velodynes (think F1000, f1200 for $400).

Cary

[quote author=cary link=board=2;threadid=4310;start=msg32213#msg32213 date=1060877414]
Gary Fisher Hardtail Mountain Bike, Klein Stage Comp R road bike, and also a Lemond Zurich road bike.
[/quote]

Cary, nice choices. I almost bought a Zurich but offered the shop a few hundred more for a Trek 5200 and they made the deal. The similarities with Lance end there

[quote author=Hltoppr link=board=2;threadid=4310;start=msg32224#msg32224 date=1060882575]
Cary,

Just built up a new Blur with the 5th element air shock...highly recommend it... :D

-H-
[/quote]

:'(, I want. :'( My only concern with a blur is toptube length, I found the superlight way to short, that is why I lean toward the Palomino.

Cary

Never to let an off topic disucssion go unanswered, my current stuff is:
* Pair of MC1000 monoblocks
* Classe DR5
* Krell KAV250A
* Linn Sondek LP12, Linn Ittok, & Koetsu Black K
* Muse Two DAC, Muse Five transport, Genesis time lens
* the old faithful Klipschorns
* Velodyne

(not in the LX)

[quote author=bkgiii link=board=2;threadid=4310;start=msg32238#msg32238 date=1060887954]
Never to let an off topic disucssion go unanswered, my current stuff is:
* Pair of MC1000 monoblocks
* Classe DR5
* Krell KAV250A
* Linn Sondek LP12, Linn Ittok, & Koetsu Black K
* Muse Two DAC, Muse Five transport, Genesis time lens
* the old faithful Klipschorns
* Velodyne

(not in the LX)
[/quote]

What is that I hear, oh it must be my d**k shrinking. :-[ Nice setup, but given the catagory of your other equiptment isn't it time to replace those Klipschorns with some Avantgarde Trios and the corresponding basshorns. You know, you horn guys are kind of strange. :D Of course that is what you say about us planar guys.

I attached a picture of the Trios and stacked basshorns so you can prepare the significant other for their arrival, not like the klipshorns are bookshelf speakers to begin with.

Those Avantegrande horns are supposed to kick butt. And I think ill just stick with normal old floorstanding $92k speakers.

John. You need to check out Wisdomaudio.com and order the Infinite Grand system for the recently revised price of $600,000, plus the $400,000 or so of amps it takes to power them!!!!!!:D

Seriously, my favorite speakers, price no barrier are the Vandersteen 5A, available for $14,700 per pair. I have heard about everything out there and these are what float my boat. I highly recommend anyone looking for speakers audition Vandersteen's Model 1c ($800 pair) and 2ce Signature ($1549 pair), they are one of the best values in audio. Used they can be had for $450 and $1100 respectively.

Cary

Hehe this may be being picky but its Jon not John, lol. Everyone does that. Hrm those Wisdom infinte things are well, my list of explitives is to long to describe them. I rather like Ariel acoustics. Another good setup for two channel listening would be 2 sets of Rogers RS-1's run parallel each with a maybe a Manley or BAT or Airtight or Antique SOund Labs tube amp. That would sound so sweet and smooth. Man i need money.

Oops, I feel like a :banana:. Your not being picky there is nothing more annoying than being called by the wrong name (or having it spelled wrong).

Cary

Speaking of Klipsch...about 25 years ago, when I didn't have the money or space for the cornerhorns, I splurged for the Cornwalls. Loved them. Back in the days of Grover Washington, Jr, Crusaders, etc. Ran a Macintosh. My neighbors commented how good they sounded. My neighbors from 3 houses down the street, that is, who had never even been in my house. I didn't take the hint.

Ed

Ya I like Klipsch for home theater setups. NOt that great for music though. Klipsch makes some great home theater stuff as does Mac but neither have good Music characteristics err well the consumer grade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom