Steering sway! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Shackle Reversal Gee Whiz Information: There was the guy who did a shackle reversal kit, had slip yoke on the front drive shaft almost closed at ride height, so when he hit a hard bump, front diff traveled rearward because of shackle reversal, slip yoke fully closed, then totally cracked the transfer-case- - -installer beware!!!!!!!
Yep, not a fan or reverse shackle although my ‘78 came with it from a PO.

Ok! I placed the angle finder on the bottom ridge that extends out to directly behind the diff on the front axle. Figured that was correct?
Don't forget you need the Delta Theta, or the DIFFERENCE in angle. You need a reference angle from another component.

Before I reversed my front shackles it wandered on the Interstate it would want to follow the ruts on one side of the truck left by the heavy semis because the track was to narrow. I would get tired of fighting it and switch to the left lane. It had done it from the day I drove it off the lot with 30 miles on it. The roads in Wyoming are badly abused from the climate and the heavy truck traffic on I-80.

I repacked the wheel bearings and had it aligned it was best thing I ever did for both the ride and handling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom