Steering dampers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bah, pop it off clean it up and take it back how long has it been on there for 2 days?
just say i didnt fit

If I had gone and bought it from a store, I'd do that, but I had the auto shop on base order it while I was working on my truck in there. They then order it under a government account from a local parts house, and unless they're installing it, you can't get a refund. s***ty, but that's a risk I took, and chumped myself on. I guess that's my karma for not going OEM....

I Put the steering damper i bought from napa (2years ago) on yesterday...finally. it was part # NS SC2916. Do not buy that part as it limits your left turn ability drastically. I returned it for part# NS SC2946 which is the correct part and it bolted right up and works great. I can finally go down the highway with tight steering and its soooo much less wander/less sketchy.. rebuilt the axle/knuckle with all new bearings a couple months ago and replaced all the ball joints/tre/rres and got an alignment. Still not 100% I doubted that the damper would make much difference but figured i had it so why not. I wanted to do everything before adjusting the steering box and im so glad i did. Its like a whole new truck now. Without adjusting the box. Hope this helps the next person looking to correct their loose steering. Now off to Utah/ Colorado for a couple weeks driving her from Maine.

Need some help: just installed an OME Steering Stabilizer (OMESD23 from Amazon) on my 1978 Fj40. Used original mounting points with OME's hardware. Backing the Cruiser out, I noticed I cannot turn left (stabilizer will not expand). Right turns are normal. Any ideas what is doing on?
Checked and rechecked, there is no binding. Thanks for any advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom