Steering damper stud thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi there,

Have just finished changing tie rod ends on a 1991 PZJ77 and I've lost the nut that goes on the stud that links the steering damper to the relay rod. Can anyone confirm what the thread is on these? All I have to verify the thread is a metric tap&die set and it looks like it could be M11x1.5 which is pretty odd...

Also, the stud on my steering damper has a hole at the end for a split pin but I see none in the RM183E manual. Do I currently have a after market damper installed or did they just omit the pin in the manual?

Finally, any tricks to stop the stud from spinning when threading on the lock nut? I tried pushing the conical section in as much I could but it still isn't enough to prevent the stud from spinning. I'm afraid to damage the damper if I attempt to hammer it in...

Thanks!

did it have a castle nut? thats what the hole is for, otherwise a nylock will do

use an impact gun to do the nut up, wipe off any grease etc that might be on the taper lock to allow steel on steel grip

mine measures m12 x 1.5 metric fine

did it have a castle nut? thats what the hole is for, otherwise a nylock will do

use an impact gun to do the nut up, wipe off any grease etc that might be on the taper lock to allow steel on steel grip

mine measures m12 x 1.5 metric fine
I guess it must have had castle nuts at some point but it currently has two lock nuts.

I tried an M12 nut and it is too large. M10 is to small and none of the SAE fine threads I've tried match either...

I think I'm simply going ng to order a new damper kit complete with studs and nuts.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom