Steering column with clock spring retrofit? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.youtube.com
Hey all,
just doing some research for a future project with a restomod FJ40. I am looking to use something like the Ididit steering column in the project. However, there is no clock spring option available and I intend to add a steering wheel with controls for the radio and so I need one. whenever I try to look up suitable steering columns with clock springs to fit into an old vehicle, all I can find is how to replace a clock spring or add one to a car that had the option from factory. My question is if anyone knows a steering column that could fit in an FJ40 and not look to out of place that also has a clock spring for at least 6 or so circuits? I don't need a column shifter but would prefer if it had blinkers, wipers, and headlight controls on it. Or maybe someone knows if you can fit a clock spring into an Ididit steering column? Although it looks like that wouldn't be possible with the amount of space available.

Hey all,
just doing some research for a future project with a restomod FJ40. I am looking to use something like the Ididit steering column in the project. However, there is no clock spring option available and I intend to add a steering wheel with controls for the radio and so I need one. whenever I try to look up suitable steering columns with clock springs to fit into an old vehicle, all I can find is how to replace a clock spring or add one to a car that had the option from factory. My question is if anyone knows a steering column that could fit in an FJ40 and not look to out of place that also has a clock spring for at least 6 or so circuits? I don't need a column shifter but would prefer if it had blinkers, wipers, and headlight controls on it. Or maybe someone knows if you can fit a clock spring into an Ididit steering column? Although it looks like that wouldn't be possible with the amount of space available.
Hopefully someone gets back to you. I am in the same boat with mine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom