Steering angle sensor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Our 2022 GX with 4K miles on it is having its first issue. The steering angle sensor that shows the direction your tires are pointed in is going off under 10mph. When sitting at a stop sign or stop light it is beeping until you get moving north of 10mph again. Sometimes it does it for a second or two at a time, others it stays going off the entire time you're under 10mph and in Drive. From what I have read in threads on ClubLexus this sounds like a failure of the sensor itself and not something that can be recalibrated. Has anyone here experienced this issue?

The reset to no tires on that always comes back with pulling the battery or a reset of ZPC and goes away after driving a few hundred feet over 25MPH. Obviously not normal on your rig.

Do you have a reader than can pull all codes from the vehicle? This is probably going to be in the ABS/VSC area of codes.

Something like OBD Fusion/Link can look at the ABS codes if present.

IMO.. I think the Techstream VM here on Mud is too old for you vehicle. It may do some things but version is more suited for 10-19 models once you step out of powertrain area.

Reactions: r2m
I have an OBD reader, but not the software to go with it for this vehicle. I'll likely take it in to the dealer this week and have them fix it as it's under warranty. I was just curious as to how common this failure is. Below is a video of it going off intermittently, but it does stay on as well, it just depends on the day.

Last edited:
TBH... I'm trying to recall the last time I heard of your specific issue. The steering indicators being off due to resets is common for things I mentioned above but the intermittent part I don't recall.

It would normally be accompanied by other lights on the dash and those ended up being ABS sensors or harness.

Under warranty so let the dealer handle it!! 👍

TBH... I'm trying to recall the last time I heard of your specific issue. The steering indicators being off due to resets is common for things I mentioned above but the intermittent part I don't recall.

It would normally be accompanied by other lights on the dash and those ended up being ABS sensors or harness.

Under warranty so let the dealer handle it!! 👍

That's the plan, just a weird failure on a stock vehicle.

If you have the OBDII dongle, try loading a OBDII phone app. Some of them have code readers. There's a bunch of free one's out there.
Try OBDLink or Torque.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom