Stainless Steel Windshield/Doors/Hood/Amby FJ40 Hinge Pins with Bronze Bushings. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SMG

Threads
Stainless Steel windshield hinge pins with oil impregnated bronze bushings.

The pins are made from 304 Stainless Steel.

2 pin Windshield set with bushings , $70 shipped.

4 pin Door set with bushings , $140 shipped.

Bronze Bushings are for sale too and will work with stock hinge pins.

$3 each

Please PM me if interested. Please be patient as I have a normal day job. I normally will respond within one day.

Thanks

21D57C10-E015-420D-8246-5F38216E10A1.jpeg

B95C829D-0960-4DFF-9F1B-024104221E10.jpeg

683A57D5-47BD-4066-9E56-68BD50FBCFAF.jpeg

F829166D-E4D6-4B9E-9272-CAF575938797.jpeg

09C515F8-10C8-4ACF-B6BD-03942A046EEB.jpeg

Last edited:
The first two prototypes went really fast.

These are much better than the stock hinge pins and plastic bushings.

I still have plenty of bushings available. Please keep in mind none of the OEM stamped hinge frames are exactly the same. You may have to massage the flange of the bushings by taking a piece of 400 grit sandpaper on a flat surface and sanding the flange in a figure 8 pattern too get a nice tight fit. These are machined to very tight tolerances and due to other variables, such as paint build up, corrosion and OEM factory differences, will have to be fitted.

69BBB9D0-26F0-471D-A451-86BF8666B618.jpeg

If you plan on using my Stainless Pins instead of the OEM’s you may need to clean up the bores of the hinge frame.
This can easily be done by using a 5/16” drill bit for the smaller bore and a 3/8” bit for the larger bores. This can be done by running the bit through the bores by hand and most of the time don’t need to be chucked in the drill.

Most of the time, you won’t be removing any metal, just the rust and junk that has been built up over the years.
2F52E5AA-781F-4EDC-A393-77806DAEEF2A.jpeg

I do have both bits for an extra $10, although some hinges may not need them.

Please take your time in fitting the bushings and pins. Make sure where the bushing sits on the flange that it is clean and flat. If not, you will have a difficult time fitting the pins through the bores and will damage the bushings. It is best to remove the hinges one at a time to fit the new parts. You can also use the old pins as a guide to help line up the bushings. Make sure to use a light weight grease on the pins. This will also help with the install.
F69B6354-B5AC-4E9A-8173-A92DC96CF21A.jpeg

Once, you are happy with the fit. Make sure to use some kind of thread locker on the shoulder screws. DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN!
FFEF9B1D-A85D-46C9-AF8F-8B94FE119AF4.jpeg

8FEDDD21-E78A-403F-B215-752E9BE75B36.jpeg

Be careful not to mix windshield sets with front door sets. Both of these are close in size (length) but are not interchangeable.

Soon, I will be making them for the hood and ambulance doors.

Stay tuned.....

Thanks

Last edited:
Very interested, although here in a month or two as I just built an AR-10, bought OEM wheels and am doing a power steering conversion. I’m afraid my wife might kill me for the insurance money if I don’t slow down. I’d definitely like to do the doors, hood and ambys.. They look great!

Reactions: SMG
Very interested, although here in a month or two as I just built an AR-10, bought OEM wheels and am doing a power steering conversion. I’m afraid my wife might kill me for the insurance money if I don’t slow down. I’d definitely like to do the doors, hood and ambys.. They look great!

No worries, No rush.

Guys I just want to give props to Steve for great product. Pictures don’t do them justice. If you are on the fence about getting a set you need to go ahead and get them. I have got the windshield hinges pins, door hinge pins and waiting on the barn door pins. I am impressed with the quality and attention to detail.

These are a significant upgrade and look a lot better than stock in my opinion. These pins are heavy duty and well made along with the bronze bushings. My 40 is 45 years old this year and I believe that my pins will be around for another 45 years installed on my 40 for my son to use.

Guys I just want to give props to Steve for great product. Pictures don’t do them justice. If you are on the fence about getting a set you need to go ahead and get them. I have got the windshield hinges pins, door hinge pins and waiting on the barn door pins. I am impressed with the quality and attention to detail.

These are a significant upgrade and look a lot better than stock in my opinion. These pins are heavy duty and well made along with the bronze bushings. My 40 is 45 years old this year and I believe that my pins will be around for another 45 years installed on my 40 for my son to use.

Thanks so much for the nice compliments. It makes me feel good knowing your happy with the product.

Thanks

Interested in a set of door pins and bushings with an extra set of door bushings for my half doors. Let me know when they're available. Thanks.

Reactions: SMG
Very nice, subscribing I have other needs first but will come back for the windshield pins every 40 I ever owned I had to fight with the windshield bolts and pins :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom