SRS Code 1153 Seat Position Sensor Fix (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been enjoying going through my newly acquired Hundy to get to know her better. New tires, New Windshield, fresh oil, tranny, t-case, front and rear diffs. But, I had an airbag light on so couldn't get it inspected. Had a local garage read the code for me which was B1153 Seat Position Sensor fault. The mechanic thought it was probably an occupancy sensor and said it would be $150 to diagnose and then $$ for a new sensor or sensors. So, I turned to Mud and found a thread in which another member had the same problem on his '04 and discovered it was a broken wire to the connector. Turned out mine was the same. Put together a little DIY for those of you that encounter this same problem.

Parts you'll need:

1. Connector Housing 90980-12195 $4.68
2. Repair Terminal 82998-12720 $13.41 (you'll need 2)

Here's the broken wire:

Here's the terminal repair kit and new connector housing:

1. Remove white end cover from the connector housing, slide in the two new terminals, and reinsert white cover:

Now you're ready to install in the LC.

1. Remove 4 seat mounting bolts (14mm) on driver's side (no sensor on passenger's side).
2. Disconnect negative battery lead.
3. Flip seat up to get access to the seat position sensor.
4. Splice in new connector to existing wires (Blue wire on left, Red wire on right)

5. I chose to solder mine and use heat shrink wrap to keep a factory appearance.

6. Lil electrical tape and a couple of wire tires so no loose wires moving around and voila, you're in business!

7. Reconnect battery, reinstall seat, and fire her up. No airbag light!

Total cost $28 with shipping! Hope this helps someone down the road.

Great write-up. Thanks.

Thanks - happy to contribute. How's your '04 treating you?

Thanks for the write up. Used it today to fix this.
Your write up made it very easy.

Glad to help - easy and satisfying DIY to see that airbag light turn off!

I've been enjoying going through my newly acquired Hundy to get to know her better. New tires, New Windshield, fresh oil, tranny, t-case, front and rear diffs. But, I had an airbag light on so couldn't get it inspected. Had a local garage read the code for me which was B1153 Seat Position Sensor fault. The mechanic thought it was probably an occupancy sensor and said it would be $150 to diagnose and then $$ for a new sensor or sensors. So, I turned to Mud and found a thread in which another member had the same problem on his '04 and discovered it was a broken wire to the connector. Turned out mine was the same. Put together a little DIY for those of you that encounter this same problem.

Parts you'll need:

Here's the broken wire:

1. Remove white end cover from the connector housing, slide in the two new terminals, and reinsert white cover:

1. Remove 4 seat mounting bolts (14mm) on driver's side (no sensor on passenger's side).
4. Splice in new connector to existing wires (Blue wire on left, Red wire on right)

5. I chose to solder mine and use heat shrink wrap to keep a factory appearance.

6. Lil electrical tape and a couple of wire tires so no loose wires moving around and voila, you're in business!

You are awesome!!! I found the same culprit and was told that to have the seat harness repaired with labornwould be $850. I chose to inspect the harness to determine what could be done. I actually fabricated a connection to fit on the loose wire and connected it back into the black harness end. It worked but is "broke-ass" when compared with your amazing solution. Well done!!!!

BTW, how did you find the part numbers for these? Are these Toyota or are they made by some other manufacturer to work on all types of vehicles? Again, great work!

Parts you'll need:

Here's the broken wire:

BTW, how did you find the part numbers for these? Are these Toyota or are they made by some other manufacturer to work on all types of vehicles? Again, great work!

They are Toyota part numbers. I ordered them from toyotaonlineparts.com. I found the part numbers searching here on MUD.

5 years later...Thank you, my airbag light is off after a year of annoyance.

Thank You for this topic and manual! You are the best! I have this error on my Corolla Verso 2004. I do not have time to order parts, so I tried to repair with an old PC cable.
I just soldered the wire to the old stump.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

L.jpg

resurrecting this as I have a GX460 (no crash, 2011) and the SRS light turned on after a front-end alignment, and the shop couldn't figure out how to get it turned off. when the wire was clipped above, did your seat not work? I checked the SRS cables and they were all good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom