Squeaking Heater Fan (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone know how to fix this? Intermediately, my front heater fan starts to squeak. When I turn up the fan, it usually stops. Can I clean it or is this beginning of the end of my blower motor?

I live in S FL, so my ac is on pretty much every day in my truck. The fan definitely makes a little bit of noise, almost like a little ticking sound. I have tried lubing it with silicone spray, also tried WD. My next thought is to dry some dry graphite because the noise always comes back in a day or two. I removed the whole blower motor (three screws on mine and it drops right out), cleaned the fins (you might want to check for debris in yours), but the noise always comes back. I don't see any way to replace the brushes or bearings, you might have to replace the whole blower if it bothers you. I'm going to let mine run until it stops working.

thanks. I'll take it apart and work on it when it warms up. It was -15 degrees out this morning in Denver....:mad:

thanks. I'll take it apart and work on it when it warms up. It was -15 degrees out this morning in Denver....:mad:

Did you make any headway with this. My heater fan has started making a ticking noise (on all settings).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom