sputnik40's 14 bolt build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
no more broken pollys

this is the start of a narrowed BTF trussed, shaved and trimmed 14 bolt
IMG00034-20100213-1125.jpg
IMG00035-20100213-1151.jpg
IMG00036-20100213-1202.jpg

info and links for the machining of the hubs is needed. have the machinery just need some directive. it appears that when turned down there won't be sufficient material for the retention of the axle bolts and or room for the wheel studs.

info and links for the machining of the hubs is needed. have the machinery just need some directive. it appears that when turned down there won't be sufficient material for the retention of the axle bolts and or room for the wheel studs.

Medusa did a D60 housing not sure if it would pertain to your build.

Dennis. Step by step instructions under Brendon's FJ60 build-up (Freds40) - page 30, staring with post #594. Several steps - fill two of the existing bolt holes; machine down OD of hub; drill new Toyota 6 lug pattern for studs - aligned with two off of filled in holes; machine down backside of new holes; tap backside of 6 of 8 remaining original holes - 3/4 thread (to bolt disk back on with); mill down drive flange of shafts; I'll need to pick up some narrow allen head bolts.

Brendon's write up with pictures is very nice. Will send a few of the measurements tomorrow...

Anybody have that exact Cruiser hub ID? One of the rear disc brake conversion webpages used to have it - but they're so old that some of the links in the tech section don't work anymore. I used it over 10 years ago...:hmm:

Using a krappy digital caliper - I get a few different numbers we can work from (can't get inside the rim due to centered offset), but here goes.

Stock axle OD is 4.179" or 106.16mm - this would be the absolute smallest we need to go.

The GM rotors I had turned down to fit the axle come in at 4.177" or 106.11mm (which just goes to show how well I measure, or how crusty the axle I just measured is).

Wheel spacers are at 4.25" or 107.95mm - visually these look the same as the machined out rotors.

Best guestimate on the WE wheels are 4.207" or 106.85mm

Figure getting just below about 4.2" or 106.69mm until someone smarter than me can provide the exact measurement.

Looking forward to this build. Hoping to do one myself once I have the funds.

and a few more.

the last pic is a ring gear. wasnt as hard as i thought. used a good bit and all was good.
IMG00014-20100323-1938.jpg
IMG00018-20100323-2021.jpg

and a few more.

the last pic is a ring gear. wasnt as hard as i thought. used a good bit and all was good.

Koool beans man, you cutting that ring gear dry?:popcorn:

Very nice work.

Thanks for posting up Dennis - been a slammed day till now.

Hoping I'm one of the first pre-orders for the BF shave/diff cover/truss kit - drop shipping to Dennis.

Final parts for front axle coming in early next week - will post that up here as well. FJ60 housing, 2 5/8" extension, RS truss, and some other bracing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom