Spotlight/lamp question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.brushyhill.com
I'm looking for some spotlights for my LC- what are the brightest lamps out there for off-road purposes? I need for my headlights to be street legal or I'd install the European Hellas; but I thought about trying to come up with a way to mount two auxilliary headlights, using the European Hellas, on the front bumper- for off-road use. Has anyone tried this or does anyone know where I could come up with the mounting hardware that would accept the Euro Hellas and already be setup for mounting to either Rollbar or bumper?

While I have your attention- If I install a BUNCH of aux. lights will I have electrical issues and, if so, what are some relatively simple/inexpensive ways to solve this issue? Will I need a extra-strong alternator and/or extra batteries?

Thanks y'all!

Nick

You can come up with lots of options brighter than Euro H4 Hellas that have high & low beam and fluted glass. A trio of KC Daylighters with 135w bulbs will be fairly impressive for cheap money and fit on your bumper easily enough. That's about 35a, and your alternator should be able to keep up.

I just mounted a trio of more-mundane Hella 500 driving lights on a bar behind the bumper. I'll take pictures one of these days. Mine are street legal, and will remain so even when I upgrade to 65w ultra-white bulbs. They come on with the high beams.

if you power your auxiliary lights by giving them direct connections to the battery through fat wire by way of switch operated relays you won't have electrical issues that result when skinny wire is asked to carry high current.

Search about it and have a look in the carefully compiled frequently asked questions (FAQs) that are here for you thanks to the efforts of member "poser" and others who labor long and hard to give you a complete and extremely useful resource to consult in your endeavors with your vehicle. :)

honk said:
if you power your auxiliary lights by giving them direct connections to the battery through fat wire by way of switch operated relays you won't have electrical issues that result when skinny wire is asked to carry high current.

What makes you think my lights are not connected this way already?

Hella Rallye 4000's and Lightforce seem to be about the best available (unless you want to spend $500+ for HID lights) Due a search here on Mud and you should be able to find a link to an Austrlian Off Road mag comparison test of numerous off road lights.

Fast Eddy said:
What makes you think my lights are not connected this way already?
What makes you think he was talking to you? :D

Nick, I had CIBIE headlights many years ago. Awesome lights. Still available but spendy. Several options for wattage. Most low beams are street legal. If you dim your illegal high beams conscientiously who's to know?

Theo.....:D

Theo's right, fast eddiee, it's not always about you.

horitexan:"While I have your attention- If I install a BUNCH of aux. lights will I have electrical issues and, if so, what are some relatively simple/inexpensive ways to solve this issue? Will I need a extra-strong alternator and/or extra batteries?"

theo-

I was just concerned about the inspection- as far as being street legal. I figured they'd test the lights to see if they are bright enough or not bright enough. After i get the sticker----> OUT THEY GO! In come the brighter ones.

Thanks y'all!

Nick

I got some 9 in hid. haven't put them on but they are bright

img_7558.jpg

Bad pic ill get one more later

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom