Specter Off-Road Kit Numbers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Opinions:

Before I move forward with this knuckle rebuild, I want to understand if there’s an issue here. Ordered 084-101b, disc brake bearing kit (‘75-‘79) and Specter sent 084-101c (‘79-‘90).

I called and told them the spindle bushing is different from what I took off for the rebuild (‘78 front axle). They said “it will work” some parts may have been superseded…but not sure which parts if any.

My point is, it’s not what I ordered…cause changing the internals in the axle/knuckles is not easy and it needs to be done right the first time. They aren’t doing the work, driving it after or repairing it if it fails.

I feel like they should be able to say we changed your order because…XYZ, but they just said they are the same, and essentially…I need to be ok with it.

Am I worrying about nothing?

This is an example of the bushing that came in the kit vs the bushing that came out of the spindle.

405BEAC6-0ED0-4C79-9665-F002D453CBD7.jpeg

Last edited:
Measure the diameter of the bushing near the flange. If they are the same then don't think you'll have an issue. Newer vehicles might have been machined different and need the shorter bushing vs the old.

Measure the diameter of the bushing near the flange. If they are the same then don't think you'll have an issue. Newer vehicles might have been machined different and need the shorter bushing vs the old.
I measured right at 40mm for both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom