Spark plug gap on boosted 1fz-fe (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
cannabisforcolorado.com
I replaced my spark plugs yesterday with BKR6ES. I think the gap I have is way too big, .080. Feels like Im getting some cut out under light boost.
Should I back them back to .35 or so? Before long ill be running 10-12psi.

5 PSI right now. Put in cooler spark plugs because the boost will be going up at some point

In my opinion you want a copper plug in your truck. I have people running a BKR7e in my scaled system with great results. Cheap and already gapped correctly.

Running a cooler plug for higher boost

Are you running the Wits End kit? I’d like to hear more about you upping boost. Please do tell...

No, got this from a member. Slowly building up to make more power, need to install an intercooler before I go to wild.
10-12 PSI is in the works

Running a cooler plug for higher boost

If you boost our engines and still run the stock ECU the ECU will pull timing, a lot of timing. More than 30 degrees at red line. With my scaled system it eliminates the timing pull so the advance at red line will be around 40 degrees total. Still running the stock pulley, just wanted some extra insurance to guard against detonation. The BKR7e is 2 heat ranges cooler than stock and it has run flawlessly even in the dead of winter here in New England.

I run the Denso IK20TT on my supercharged truck... does the trick haven’t had any issues... just my opinion. I’ll probbaly go with a copper plug like Rick is suggesting next, little weary of -40C winter day’s but should be fine.

If you boost our engines and still run the stock ECU the ECU will pull timing, a lot of timing. More than 30 degrees at red line. With my scaled system it eliminates the timing pull so the advance at red line will be around 40 degrees total. Still running the stock pulley, just wanted some extra insurance to guard against detonation. The BKR7e is 2 heat ranges cooler than stock and it has run flawlessly even in the dead of winter here in New England.

Got ya! Ill put them in the rock auto shopping cart.

What is the gap? My BKR6ES are small out of the box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom