spare tire press sensor??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello does anyone know is the spare tire has a press sensor??? meaning I ran over a big chunk of metal in the snow and had to change my tire. does the spare rim have a press sensor??? Background I have a faulty sensor on one of my tires and was just gonna switch that tire to the spare instead of buying a whole new pressure assembly. thanks

ok thanks i'm just gonna wing it and try it out; the tire blow out is putting a big enough hole in my wallet so anything I can save will help will post tonight and how I make out

Spare tire rim did not work; not sure why. Spent the extra money and replaced the sensors on the regular rims

You wouldn't be able to swap your spare sensor with any of the other ones, you'd still have same issue. The system reads 5 sensors all the time, so if one is bad, it's bad. Good thing is that you can always run with a faulty system. If its a solid light, it means low tire or calibration issue. Blinking light is a bad sensor.

thanks for the blinking light thing (I did not know that). This morning kind of frustrated from lots of work with a tire guy from Sears. At first he was a jerk; he IS the tire guy i'm the goof with the Lexus with 3 different types of tires on my LX470. (Had 2 flats one spare had original dunlop other rim picked up at a junk yard from a LC had a michelin which was sitting in my garage) After 3 hours and 3 replaced sensors still have a light issue. With his code reader it said the LX could not read 2 of the tires. UUUUGGGG! I originally had one sensor that was leaking air when temp outside got cold. So I figure lets fix it now sense I'm at the tire place. The 2 new tires had corroded sensors so he recommended replacing them (even thought they worked) switched leaking sensor also. Now it was close to 8pm and I had purchased all the sensors from the local Autozone so I could not go out and get 2 more to finally replaced all 5.
With the replacements done could that be throwing a code for the light?? Because 3 are new and 2 are old??? I'm fishing for ideas?? Lots of snow for us today so I can't do today. I work shift work so I work next 3 days so it will be weekend by the time I get a chance. Truck is running fine; tires balanced no vibration etc. so its just getting the pressure system to work properly.

TPMS program

When a few of my TPMS sensors went out the tire shop spent many hours trying to get the replacements programmed. I guess the system used on LC/LX is a pain and their "normal" re-programming steps don't always work. After some research they were able to do it using these instructions - this is done on the DIAGNOSIS port under the hood. Believe this somehow clears or resets allowing for reprogramming.

TPMS.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom