Spacers or packers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Let me start by saying I have combed through the FAQ’s and previous posts.
I have a 15mm difference front to back after installing a 2” kit from Ironman 4x4. I know this isn’t much but I’m avoiding the stink bug as much as I can.
I am between using 2 metal tech 10mm packers on the front or putting 20mm on back and 30mm on the front. I have to swap the coil springs anyways (rookie mistake on d/s - n/s).
So far I am only planning on caster correction. Would I need to do more (brake lines, etc.) if I went with spacers all around?

I would just do the spacers in the front to level it out, personally. Less lift = less problems.

Let me start by saying I have combed through the FAQ’s and previous posts.
I have a 15mm difference front to back after installing a 2” kit from Ironman 4x4. I know this isn’t much but I’m avoiding the stink bug as much as I can.
I am between using 2 metal tech 10mm packers on the front or putting 20mm on back and 30mm on the front. I have to swap the coil springs anyways (rookie mistake on d/s - n/s).
So far I am only planning on caster correction. Would I need to do more (brake lines, etc.) if I went with spacers all around?

I would say run the 10mm packer in the front to level it out. If you went the 30mm/20mm route you’re adding over an inch the the front. At 3” of lift Pandora’s box starts to open. At 4” the lid has been broken off and a vortex straight to your checking account gets established.

If you just installed the lift, it will settle a bit. Give it a little time, some mileage, and a few loads in the rear to work the springs. You may need less packers in the front than you think.

Thanks, ordered the packers, plan to wait a bit to install.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom