For Sale Southern NH 1975 Toyota FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FJ40 rock crawler for sale. I originally built the rig in 2011. There was minimal rust to start with. Complete frame off job, had body and frame sandblasted to bare metal. Its primed with epoxy primer and painted with Gillespie enamel paint from an Amy surplus store. I've put 17k mi on since restoration. I tried to list everything I could think of below, but I'm sure I missed some upgrades. I built it for rock crawling and it crawls great with the diesel and the extra low 1st gear. It has also passed inspection in both NY and NH and goes down the highway with no issues. For what it is, it handles great. It'll do 65 on the highway no problem, turning about 3000 rpm. Engine runs great, brakes, steering, everything works like it should. It gets anywhere from 16- 20 mpg depending on the driving. There a couple very minor spots of surface rust starting to come through, but they can be easily touched up. I honestly don't know what to ask, but was thinking of starting at $15,500. send me a message if you are interested in more details or want more pictures.

Drivetrain:
-Mercedes 5 cylinder diesel OM617 (180k mi) with Bendtsen's SBC adapter
-SM465 tranny. Trans had 0 mi when I installed it
-Dana300, new bearings and seals when installed. Has twin stick for front digs
- 4 core aluminum radiator with electric fan

Axles:
- Front is 1974 Chevy Dana44, with 1/2 wall axle tubes and flat top knuckles machined for high steer. Axle narrowed 4" on the long side (63" WMS). Yukon Grizzly locker in front with chromoly shafts.
- Rear is a 1st gen taco with e-locker (61" WMS). Rear also has chromoly shafts.
- Both axles built with new 4.88 gears and master install kits.
- Front and rear balanced CV driveshafts. Toyota rear and 1310s in the front
- Tires are 37x12.50 R17 Goodyear MTRs. 17k mi.

Brakes:
- T-100 brake booster with chevy 1-ton master cylinder.
- 4 wheel disc brakes
- T-case e-brake.

Steering:
- Stock Mercedes pump
- Saginaw 4 bolt variable ratio box.
- Chevy 1ton TREs all the way around.

Suspension:
- New chevy 52" springs in rear.
- New wrangler springs up front with additional leaves from a XJ rear pack to stiffen them up

Interior:
- 6 point cage from Redline Cruisers.
- All electronic gauges.
- Bench seat up front from a dodge van.
- Bestop folding CJ rear seat .
- Floor is undercoated.

Exterior:
- Soft doors and soft top
- Hard doors and hard top.
- Rear fenders are made out of steel channel and will stand up to the trees and rocks.
- Front fenders are easily removable for wheeling. They provide full tire coverage for a-hole states that require it.

20190502_073732.jpg

20190502_073757.jpg

20190502_073823.jpg

20190502_073845.jpg

20190502_073852.jpg

Fairly tough looking rock crawling rig. Plenty of modifications. Which makes it a little tougher to get an accurate $ evaluation.
Good luck

Fairly tough looking rock crawling rig. Plenty of modifications. Which makes it a little tougher to get an accurate $ evaluation.
Good luck
Yeah, I agree. I knew that going into it. But I built what I wanted. It gets attention everywhere I go, especially with the diesel conversion.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom