Southern Cruiser Crawl 2012 - Oct 11th - 14th Hot Springs, AR (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just wanted to thank you guys again for the awesome gumbo! I know it's a lot of work but I seriously get folks every year that ask if you guys are cooking again!! Awesome job guys. Love seeing y'all.

I second this! Pleasure meeting y'all and great gumbo!

I second this! Pleasure meeting y'all and great gumbo!

It was good visiting with you Art and nice to put a face with the name. I've sent a few of our members in your pics the info I know they'll appreciate that it was some great pics. We hope to see you at an event soon in the meantime always feel free to drop a line or visit here anytime :cheers:

So, I left the park Saturday night and immediately regretted putting oil in with the diesel. The truck kept acting like it wasn't getting any fuel. I stopped 3 times between Hot Springs and Little Rock to change the little pre-filter I installed, then finally changed the main fuel filter. After changing the main filter, I had trouble getting it to prime with the pump. I pulled the return line and put air to it, which is how I would prime it at home. This pressurizes the tank and pushes fuel through. However, my CO2 tank decided that it was time to empty itself (how do you check these things? Weigh them?). Anyway, the tow truck came and got me at about 2:30am and took me to Walmart (in the worst part of town), since they would be the only place open in my "tow range" on Sunday. This was not a 24-hour Walmart because they have issues during the night. So, I slept in the 4Runner until they opened. They could not help me, so I tried a few more things before the battery went dead. So, I ended up paying $622 for a U-haul truck and trailer and another $200 for fuel to get me home. When I got home, the U-haul got stuck in my yard and I had to pull it out with my Allis Chalmers. I got about 2 hours of sleep during the whole ordeal. I called in sick today.

....but, the tire held up very well.

man that made me pucker ! hate to see that get love bug on it , much less a scrach !

but im sure with some better tires that thing would have been way better.

its great seing the pics from every one, as i was stuck home working on police academy crap 1 weeks left ,, i did go crank the buggy and pretend:steer: but i wll be going soon!!!

Thank you Bayou State Land Cruisers for the Gumbo Friday night. I appreciate all you do and your attendance at The Crawl. I know for a fact it would not be the success that it has become without y'all

I truly appreciate everything!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!

" Laissez les bons temps rouler "!!!!!

So, I left the park Saturday night and immediately regretted putting oil in with the diesel. The truck kept acting like it wasn't getting any fuel. I stopped 3 times between Hot Springs and Little Rock to change the little pre-filter I installed, then finally changed the main fuel filter. After changing the main filter, I had trouble getting it to prime with the pump. I pulled the return line and put air to it, which is how I would prime it at home. This pressurizes the tank and pushes fuel through. However, my CO2 tank decided that it was time to empty itself (how do you check these things? Weigh them?). Anyway, the tow truck came and got me at about 2:30am and took me to Walmart (in the worst part of town), since they would be the only place open in my "tow range" on Sunday. This was not a 24-hour Walmart because they have issues during the night. So, I slept in the 4Runner until they opened. They could not help me, so I tried a few more things before the battery went dead. So, I ended up paying $622 for a U-haul truck and trailer and another $200 for fuel to get me home. When I got home, the U-haul got stuck in my yard and I had to pull it out with my Allis Chalmers. I got about 2 hours of sleep during the whole ordeal. I called in sick today.

Good lord. Took every precaution to make sure you can get home because of the tire and everything else gives up. Move closer.:D

Come on, I'm usually pretty drama free. Who is Tim Hardy?

Glad to know the tire held up :clap:.... The one thing we were worried about. That is just a crazy story for how you got home. Either Tim Hardy or MacGyver needs to be your nickname brother.

Ultimate Adventure driver who takes his Samurai cross country every year and has simple solutions to the issues that comes his way.

1987 Suzuki Samurai
Driver: Tim Hardy
Tim Hardy is a rare breed of die-hard four-wheeler and a permanent fixture on Ultimate Adventure. He is a MacGyver kind of guy who can fix virtually anything with limited tools and resources. Handy and mechanically inclined, he's the perfect man to have on the trail! This year Tim drove his Suzuki almost 3,000 miles to join us, experiencing catastrophic engine failure along the way, but with his quick thinking and ingenuity he was able to join us two days later and finish UA with the rest of the crew.

Drivetrain
<LI itxtHarvested="0" itxtNodeId="210">
  • Engine: 1.3L 4-cylinder
<LI itxtHarvested="0" itxtNodeId="209">Transmission: 5-speed manual<LI itxtHarvested="0" itxtNodeId="208">Transfer Case: Factory transfer case with 4.1 gears<LI itxtHarvested="0" itxtNodeId="207">Axles: Stock axlehousing, 5.12 gears, EZ lockers, chrome-moly shafts

Read more: http://www.4wheeloffroad.com/ultima..._tim_hardy_1987_suzuki_samurai/#ixzz29QO9sAAY
[/COLOR]

raevenzero said:

Sorry to hear of the troubles bud certainly not what you needed after the trip, glad to hear the tires held up but that would have been easier and cheaper to have picked up tire than the other issues :(

wct49 said:
Thank you Bayou State Land Cruisers for the Gumbo Friday night. I appreciate all you do and your attendance at The Crawl. I know for a fact it would not be the success that it has become without y'all

I truly appreciate everything!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!

" Laissez les bons temps rouler "!!!!!

Always a pleasure Chris and you ALL do a great job on the event as well which is why its our favorite event on the schedule. Holden said to tell you all thank you for the ride he enjoyed it and said Mrs Debbie was very nice we enjoyed the day out with you ALL. Hope we can get together at another one sooner than later. Cheers!

Ultimate Adventure driver who takes his Samurai cross country every year and has simple solutions to the issues that comes his way.

1987 Suzuki Samurai
Driver: Tim Hardy
Tim Hardy is a rare breed of die-hard four-wheeler and a permanent fixture on Ultimate Adventure. He is a MacGyver kind of guy who can fix virtually anything with limited tools and resources. Handy and mechanically inclined, he's the perfect man to have on the trail! This year Tim drove his Suzuki almost 3,000 miles to join us, experiencing catastrophic engine failure along the way, but with his quick thinking and ingenuity he was able to join us two days later and finish UA with the rest of the crew.

Drivetrain
<LI itxtHarvested="0" itxtNodeId="210">
  • Engine: 1.3L 4-cylinder
<LI itxtHarvested="0" itxtNodeId="209">Transmission: 5-speed manual<LI itxtHarvested="0" itxtNodeId="208">Transfer Case: Factory transfer case with 4.1 gears<LI itxtHarvested="0" itxtNodeId="207">Axles: Stock axlehousing, 5.12 gears, EZ lockers, chrome-moly shafts

Read more: http://www.4wheeloffroad.com/ultima..._tim_hardy_1987_suzuki_samurai/#ixzz29QO9sAAY
[/COLOR]

Oh...well I guess that's not so bad.

What kind of tow rig is this?

I was worried about your rear diff. I guess now you can fix it before your next long road trip. Sorry you had a hard time getting home.

I don't know if the wife will let me out for awhile after this last trip. Right now, she is saying that I am better off getting a new car than getting new tires. She may be right until I get everything figured out. Anyway, I may be getting an Audi A4 or A6 to drive for the winter. I may get the Toyota back up and running this weekend if the weather gets better though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom