Some small upgrades for Psycho (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Doug,
The switch I posted is a rocker type switch.
-B-

thanks guys, i will probably just use the one i have from christo but if i could get that one that ParadiseCruiser posted from jim,it would be the one i was thinking of.......i might try that p/n at my two local dealers but as i said,i do have a perfectly good one already so its all good :)

doug

Doug -

I did not mean to imply that Jim supplied the switch - he did not. I was merely crediting him for doing the research on the part number and cost. BTW, the price of that switch in the U.K market is approx $75 excluding shipping, customs, etc., :'( so Beo's rocker switch is somewhat of a better deal  :). I use them both... so I suppose I am half-anal (ok, I've admitted it). But please don't tell me to look in the mirror -  and I don't want to know...

As I said, if your Toyo dealer says there is no such p/n (please report back), check with Ben or Christo to see if they have any left.

R -

Paradise,thats cool ,as i stated i already have one that i paid good money for so i definately wont pay a lot more for another(but i am somewhat anal too about what i do to my interior)as i have to drive it and hate it when i goof something up(trying not to do that with the 80 though)

i am currently looking for a spot to put a couple of those covered(aircraft style)switches that doesnt look too out of place,(1) for a soleniod that will disable the winch unless i flip the switch(heard a few horror stories about winches being used to vandalize the truck because it was able to be activated from outside at the remote connector)
and (2) the one i mentioned above,that would allow me to override the hi beam cutout wiring of my aux lights(for offroad use only of course)

doug

Beowolf-
I really like the Camry Fog light switch you found - understand it snaps right into the blanks in an 80 series dash just like the CDL switch. I'm curious, do you have a # for a matching multi-pin plug (Molex connector/backshell) that you can customize as needed and then just plug into the Camry switch? I hate screwing around with those little pins. I figured including the matching plug was what made Slee's fog light switch so expensive..... Thanks, BigMac

well,i have one of the switches from christo but it does not have the molex connector for the back of it,instead they have soldered four wires to the small pins(very nice job,with heat shrink too,and these wires go to a plug like you see on the back of a harddrive or cd rom and its matching plug then has four wires which can be wired however you want...

from my experience with proprietery equipment,this was probably a much more cost effective solution than getting the molex connectors and the pins/crimping tool(the tool alone can be several hundred dollars)to make the back half of the switch......

oh well,just another bit of monday morning rambling ::)

doug

BigMac,

>> understand it snaps right into the blanks in an <<
>> 80 series dash just like the CDL switch. <<

Yes.

>> I'm curious, do you have a # for a matching <<
>> multi-pin plug (Molex connector/backshell) <<

I went to Radio Shack and bought a package of insulated female connectors for about 50 cents and made my own pig-tail that connected to the switch wiring that was supplied with my IPF lights. I may have a pic somewhere but it was very simple to do. It takes a few minutes with a multi-meter to figure out the pin connections on the switch. One is +12v in, another is +12v out, another is ground, and then the LED. I posted this information on SOR if anyone captured that post.

The pig-tail should be about 8-10" long. Mine was too short but it worked OK.

-B-

Beowulf-
Thanks - can do easy. BigMac

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom