Some days my job rocks.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
We hunt for Geo ducks, some days on the water suck but most are great...love this island.
018.JPG
019.JPG
011.JPG
081.JPG

Some days my job is not so much fun...I did enjoy pulling the F350 and boat up the driveway.

Still quite a nice day on the water.

Wish I had a picture of the monster Duck we picked this summer, easly 5 times bigger than that one.
005.JPG
008.JPG
009.JPG

Nice day in Tofino, hard to believe the tourist season is already ramping up fast, coffee shop was empty most of the winter, now its already full at noon. I did not get shots in Barkley Sound but it was unreal raining on us, took a big wave over the front of a 18 footer is no fun. Diver dropped his cell phone in the water at the boat launch, second time in 3 months..ouch.
Pretty cool watching heli logging just off in the distance.

093.JPG

Never farmed, all wild ducks. Ducks grow quick for a few years then slow down real quick and take for ever to be a decent size for market.

Ah then you're safe.

Seems like most shellfish is closed these days. I certainly won't be eating any clams or oysters unless they're burnt to a crisp.

Norovirus is everywhere, and they still aren't sure how long it can live in cold water. (A long time) nasty stuff.

Ya we were going to grab a bucket of oysters, but the numbers are still high. The gov website also states no matter how much you cook the shelf fish it will not kill the Norovirus..

Ducks are getting hit hard this year, they just closed the north coast and a lot of fisherman are sitting and waiting for things to clean up.

I know no photos, every time I forget the camera I regret it..

Lowest tide I have ever seen in Tofino, on the way out it felt like the two parts of exposed land were feet apart as we headed out through the small passage. In Barkley Sound we spotted a little black bear as we went into shore we say her two little cubs no bigger than my little Jazzy. Momma bear starred us down pretty hard, it kinda made the hairs on my neck stand up..

Next time pictures.;):beer:

Last edited:
This summer will take me from Gold River on the water up to Zeballos and all up and down that coast, looking forward to running this area and getting to know it..

You hear about that charter boat in Tofino going down on Sunday, sad as my charter friends in Tofino knew those guys.

No did not hear about that, sounds like a s*** show...nice pics kids...Were those tides low.WOW

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom