For Sale SOLD !!!! Fort Worth, TX 1970 Toyota Landcruiser FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Color
Tan
1970 FJ40

$12,000

Runs and drives as great as you could possibly expect for a 50 year old three speed manual shift. No issues at all.

Mileage 65,593 (Not accurate. Tach/Speedometer went out on the previous owner 4 months before selling to me. I have put only 500 miles on it…….maybe)

3 spd manual on the column (three on the tree)

WARN 8000 series winch ( I believe it's an older version of the current 8274-50). It was working fine, but I cut the wires in preparation for a winch rebuild that never happened. “Herm The Overdrive Guy” 360-256-3843, may be able to help you with parts , and maybe even restoration.

You will not need to do anything mechanically to this Landcruiser because I’ve done everything except the annoying oil leak at the distributor. Everything you will need to do is cosmetic and I can tell you that I wouldn't hesitate to drive this across the country because I would not fear a breakdown. There is very little rust and nothing is rusted through anywhere. You WILL need a new top if you want to leave the body as-is but that is up to you. The pics will show it warped up on the side. Call Gozzard and expect to pay $1500 with liner, gutter already attached, and pre-drilled and shipped to the U.S. The front seats are nice with no tears, but the rear bench seats need a ton of work. There is one place inside where the left rear wheel well is smashed and open to the elements. How this could happen is beyond me. You WILL need all new door seal everywhere but all the seals for the windows are fantastic.

I have done a ton of work, and bought a ton of parts but everything I've done is mechanical. I have done ZERO cosmetically, so if you can see past that issue, this is a great vehicle. I would not be selling it except that I have moved to Lithuania for my job and parts are hard to come by over there. However, I will be here all week in Fort Worth, TX if anyone wants to take a look. After that, I can come back and show anyone if they wish, but it will have to be a weekend because I will need to fly back. PLEASE try and give me 2 days lead time so I can schedule a plane to come get me.

If you need more pics or pics of specific things, please send me your email or a text and I will send them to you. I will not pester you with a follow up call. I will just send pics or whatever you request. If you call me after this week please be conscious of the fact I will be 8 hours ahead of Central Standard Time.

Contact Info:
Paul T
214-791-0735
84lumberman@gmail.com

Here are the things installed and I have most receipts:

NEW Weber 38mm carburetor purchased from SOR
NEW Billet distributor and ignition from eBay (made a HUGE difference)
NEW All radiator hoses
NEW 4 row radiator from Parts Geek (original was 3)
NEW thermostat from VintageTEqParts
NEW water pump from VintageTEqParts
NEW water pump belt from VintageTEqParts
NEW gear reduction starter from Cruiser Corps (less than 10 miles on it)
NEW clutch plate (less than 10 miles on it)
NEW clutch disc (less than 10 miles on it)
NEW throw out bearing (less than 10 miles on it)
NEW pilot bearing (less than 10 miles on it)
NEW rear engine seal (less than 10 miles on it)
NEW hub clips (less than 10 miles on it)
NEW flywheel plates (less than 10 miles on it)
NEW clutch fork boot from SOR (less than 10 miles on it)
REMANUFACTURED clutch hub from SOR (less than 10 miles on it)
NEW Transmission to transaxle seal from SOR
NEW machined flywheel
NEW parking brake assembly full kit purchased from Valley Hybrids
NEW speedometer cable from SOR less then 10 miles on it (Didn’t fix the speedo/tach problem)
REBUILT all 8 brake wheel cylinders
MACHINED brake drums
NEW anti-sieze compound put on drums because they were frozen to the wheel
NEW 4 degree shims put on front leaf springs and 1 leaf removed from each (this fixed the issue of the vehicle tracking with the ruts in the road and it no longer pulls to the side during braking)
NEW tie rod ends from Cruiser Corps (Not sure why they look rusted on outside in less than a year because they are Japanese, but rubber is immaculate)
REBUILT steering box
NEW ignition switch
5 BRAND NEW tires. 4 with 500 miles on them….maybe and the one on the back is unused(Pro Comp 265 70/17) all from 4 Wheel Parts
NEW 5 wheel spacers. Yes, I put one on the spare because the tire wouldn’t fit without it. Purchase at 4 Wheel Parts

Parts I will give you but not installed:

NEW OEM FJ62 radiator overflow from VintageTEqParts
NEW fuel pump from Cruiser Corps (Existing one works fine)
NEW Hi/Low beam foot pedal from SOR
NEW Accelerator, clutch, brake foot rubber from SOR
NEW pull switch for lights from SOR (not needed. Just cosmetic thing)
NEW door lock with keys
NEW thermostat gasket seal from SOR(not needed since I just replaced it)
YES, you can have the Gerry can

IMG_20201214_150936.jpg

IMG_20201214_150923.jpg

IMG_20201214_150912.jpg

IMG_20201214_151512.jpg

IMG_20201214_150242.jpg

Last edited:
1970 FJ40

$12,000

Runs and drives as great as you could possibly expect for a 50 year old three speed manual shift. No issues at all.

Mileage 65,593 (Not accurate. Tach/Speedometer went out on the previous owner 4 months before selling to me. I have put only 500 miles on it…….maybe)

3 spd manual on the column (three on the tree)

WARN 8000 series winch ( I believe it's an older version of the current 8274-50). It was working fine, but I cut the wires in preparation for a winch rebuild that never happened. “Herm The Overdrive Guy” 360-256-3843, may be able to help you with parts , and maybe even restoration.

You will not need to do anything mechanically to this Landcruiser because I’ve done everything except the annoying oil leak at the distributor. Everything you will need to do is cosmetic and I can tell you that I wouldn't hesitate to drive this across the country because I would not fear a breakdown. There is very little rust and nothing is rusted through anywhere. You WILL need a new top if you want to leave the body as-is but that is up to you. The pics will show it warped up on the side. Call Gozzard and expect to pay $1500 with liner, gutter already attached, and pre-drilled and shipped to the U.S. The front seats are nice with no tears, but the rear bench seats need a ton of work. There is one place inside where the left rear wheel well is smashed and open to the elements. How this could happen is beyond me. You WILL need all new door seal everywhere but all the seals for the windows are fantastic.

I have done a ton of work, and bought a ton of parts but everything I've done is mechanical. I have done ZERO cosmetically, so if you can see past that issue, this is a great vehicle. I would not be selling it except that I have moved to Lithuania for my job and parts are hard to come by over there. However, I will be here all week in Fort Worth, TX if anyone wants to take a look. After that, I can come back and show anyone if they wish, but it will have to be a weekend because I will need to fly back. PLEASE try and give me 2 days lead time so I can schedule a plane to come get me.

If you need more pics or pics of specific things, please send me your email or a text and I will send them to you. I will not pester you with a follow up call. I will just send pics or whatever you request. If you call me after this week please be conscious of the fact I will be 8 hours ahead of Central Standard Time.

Contact Info:
Paul T
214-791-0735
84lumberman@gmail.com

Here are the things installed and I have most receipts:

NEW Weber 38mm carburetor purchased from SOR
NEW Billet distributor and ignition from eBay (made a HUGE difference)
NEW All radiator hoses
NEW 4 row radiator from Parts Geek (original was 3)
NEW thermostat from VintageTEqParts
NEW water pump from VintageTEqParts
NEW water pump belt from VintageTEqParts
NEW gear reduction starter from Cruiser Corps (less than 10 miles on it)
NEW clutch plate (less than 10 miles on it)
NEW clutch disc (less than 10 miles on it)
NEW throw out bearing (less than 10 miles on it)
NEW pilot bearing (less than 10 miles on it)
NEW rear engine seal (less than 10 miles on it)
NEW hub clips (less than 10 miles on it)
NEW flywheel plates (less than 10 miles on it)
NEW clutch fork boot from SOR (less than 10 miles on it)
REMANUFACTURED clutch hub from SOR (less than 10 miles on it)
NEW Transmission to transaxle seal from SOR
NEW machined flywheel
NEW parking brake assembly full kit purchased from Valley Hybrids
NEW speedometer cable from SOR less then 10 miles on it (Didn’t fix the speedo/tach problem)
REBUILT all 8 brake wheel cylinders
MACHINED brake drums
NEW anti-sieze compound put on drums because they were frozen to the wheel
NEW 4 degree shims put on front leaf springs and 1 leaf removed from each (this fixed the issue of the vehicle tracking with the ruts in the road and it no longer pulls to the side during braking)
NEW tie rod ends from Cruiser Corps (Not sure why they look rusted on outside in less than a year because they are Japanese, but rubber is immaculate)
REBUILT steering box
NEW ignition switch
5 BRAND NEW tires. 4 with 500 miles on them….maybe and the one on the back is unused(Pro Comp 265 70/17) all from 4 Wheel Parts
NEW 5 wheel spacers. Yes, I put one on the spare because the tire wouldn’t fit without it. Purchase at 4 Wheel Parts

Parts I will give you but not installed:

NEW OEM FJ62 radiator overflow from VintageTEqParts
NEW fuel pump from Cruiser Corps (Existing one works fine)
NEW Hi/Low beam foot pedal from SOR
NEW Accelerator, clutch, brake foot rubber from SOR
NEW pull switch for lights from SOR (not needed. Just cosmetic thing)
NEW door lock with keys
NEW thermostat gasket seal from SOR(not needed since I just replaced it)
YES, you can have the Gerry can

View attachment 2524746

View attachment 2524747

View attachment 2524748

View attachment 2524749

View attachment 2524750
Sent you an email!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom