1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So Long and For Sale

Discussion in 'NV- Battle Born Cruisers of Northern Nevada' started by Dumpolina, Feb 25, 2007.

1. Dumpolina

Dumpolina SILVER Star

Battle Born Cruisers- thank you all for your hospitality at the one and only meeting I was able to attend here. Unfortunatly, my plans for participation in the group and exploration of this great state have been canceled by a career opportunity that can't be passed up. As this is an interstate move, the little 82 Long Bed I picked up can't come along- please see below.
    Thank you again, and good luck and happy trails to all,
    Grant

FS 82 Long Bed 4x4 Cal truck. Reno, NV 1200 or offer

Local sale only- please don’t make offers on this until you see it in person so you know what you are getting.
    Contact- Grant, 775 747 3228, or cell 775 247 6781 or grantmossman@gmail.com

DETAILS:
    1982 Toyota Longbed 4X4 SR-5 truck, 22r Cal Emissions.
    PS, no air, SR-5 gauges good, stock radio, seats, camper window, vent windows, good dash
    304,XXX on the truck, 150,XXX on motor and trans (so I’m told)

CONDITION:
    Surface rust from being in Tahoe area. A few spots close to penetrating on bed.
    Tires mostly hold air.
    Very good dash and instrument clusters, has not been cut up (NO butchered stereo/speakers install)
    Previous owner said he ran bad gas in it, which supposedly is why it ran rough
    I ran Seafoam through it, really made a difference but still rough (rough, variable idle- smoothes out at speed but feels held back).
    May be vacuum issue, carb, accelerator pump.
    Power steering has a whine, clutch needs adjusting, brakes need bleeding- all are functional though.
    Truck is very stock and unmolested/unaltered- images at http://new.photos.yahoo.com/grantmossman/

WHY (boo hoo):
    I picked this up several months ago, finally having time and $ to get back into wheeling (its been a 6 year exile from life with wheeling and trucks, and the therapy they both provided). I have had many Toyotas and other old, abused trucks, and I get a feel for which ones have a heart of gold and which are just a few tons of soon to be scrap steel with no life in them- like you can tell at the pound which dogs will be loyal friends for a lifetime and which will kill your wife’s cat and run off at the first chance they get. Well, this was the first truck I found here that had a good feel, even though it ran rough. I tinkered with it some, replaced some vacuum fittings, and started planning what I wanted to make it into... Then the dark, ominous cloud of career ambitions cast its shadow on our life, and we now are picking up and making another multi-state move in pursuit of greener pastures, and this little truck will be one of the many sacrifices we’ll have to make to accomplish this transition. So not only do I have to sell it (undoubtedly for a loss), but my hopes of returning to the pass time and fellowship I love and long for are again put off again indefinitely (sniff, sniff).
    SO- I hope it will go to someone that will enjoy it, and not to the clowns that want to send it to Guatemala or whatever.
    Realistically, I hope there is someone local that needs a Cal emissions truck project. The dash and instruments are sweet, it is overall very stock and unmolested, and the rust is not so far gone that it can’t be addressed.
    I am asking 1200, but am open to offers from Toyota folks (I am posting it to craigslist and will be less flexible to the general public). I move in 10 days and need to have this gone ASAP.

2. spressomon

spressomon glutton Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    Hey Grant,
    Good luck with your upcoming adventure. Where are you relocating?

3. Dumpolina

Dumpolina SILVER Star

Everett, WA- I hear they get a little weather up there, but you can't believe everything you hear.
    Really regret not being able to get out with you guys- but hopefully will get back for a wheeling vacaction at some point.

4. SteveLCetc

SteveLCetc

Hey Grant - I didn't know you came back out west. For those who don't know Grant was the architect and engineer behind the "Stout" bumper series. We used to wheel when he had a bad a$$ 85 pu, back in NM. I remember him and Robbie running a fault line on the La Bajada trail between Santa Fe and Albuquerque...

Are you still making bumpers Grant?

5. Nmyeti

Nmyeti

Grant, it's been a very long time! Last i heard you were up in NY or something. Anyway best of luck with your move. I drove by the old shop the other day just for old-time's sake.

-Nathan

6. Dumpolina

Dumpolina SILVER Star

Moved outta NYC 16 months ago after 5 years of riding the subway to a desk job. Took a year to find time to find a Toy, and made it to one BBCCNN meeting, but never saw a trail. Now packing everything up for another interstate move.
    I fly a desk now- have not had a chance to strike an arc in probably 5 years.

7. rusty_tlc

rusty_tlc Dain Bramaged Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I think Jack should buy this and tube out the bed. I could tell he was jonesing to get into the rocks on the ELdorado run Sat.

Common Jack, you know you want it, just do it. [​IMG]

8. Dumpolina

Dumpolina SILVER Star

This thing can't go with me, so one way or another its gotta stay here. If it does not sell maybe I can make a screaming offer to the BBCCNN and you guys can make it a club project truck.

9. rusty_tlc

rusty_tlc Dain Bramaged Member

Media:
    Albums:
    :grinpimp:

10. locrwln1

locrwln1

I don't need your help with temptations:doh:

Jack

11. locrwln1

locrwln1

Grant,

I sent you an email.

Jack

12. egil1963

egil1963

John's trying to get this one... Dan's friend that was driving the FJ60

13. locrwln1

locrwln1

It's look like a solid start. Hopefully it works out for him.

Jack

14. flexing40

flexing40

Grant, will you be keeping your gmail address? As you have paid your dues, your still a member. I will send the minutes to the email address you want.
    Best of luck in Washinton.
    Mike