Snowbirds Show (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Over Nanaimo Airport Wed Aug 8 at 5:30 pm. It supposed to go for 45 min. So if anyone
is interested there is good parking at the south end of the field on the corner Timberlands Road. Actually, I just read the article to the end, looks like the main show will be over the inner harbor. Have to head downtown to see it I guess.

https://www.nanaimobulletin.com/news/snowbirds-prepped-to-take-flight-over-nanaimo/

Last edited:
So did anyone go down for he show? I heard it was pretty good. Weird, cause one lone Snowbird
was sitting here on the ramp at Thunder Bay Airport CYQT at about 10 am. I figured it better get
going if it was going to make the show!!

So did anyone go down for he show? I heard it was pretty good. Weird, cause one lone Snowbird
was sitting here on the ramp at Thunder Bay Airport CYQT at about 10 am. I figured it better get
going if it was going to make the show!!

Spare snow bird? Or loading with enough fuel to hit the after burners across Canada? LOL.

I'm pretty sure there is a water bomber air show happening every day in Nanaimo right now too....

It had enough time to get to Nanaimo, so it may very well have made it.
I believe its a Water Bomber Smoke Show over Nanaimo Lakes now.

We saw them taking off, we went to the golf course for supper just as they were leaving.

Certainly are loud buggers.

As for the water bomber show, guess we should get used to it from here on out as the west coast of the continent transitions into desert.

As for the water bomber show, guess we should get used to it from here on out as the west coast of the continent transitions into desert.

It's depressing isn't it. Same sort of dour thoughts have been running through my mind. Things are changing scary fast. Like whats up with bottle nose dolphins and Mola mola off the coast of BC now? :confused:

It's depressing isn't it. Same sort of dour thoughts have been running through my mind. Things are changing scary fast. Like whats up with bottle nose dolphins and Mola mola off the coast of BC now? :confused:
Yeah it boggles the mind that there are people in charge who deny it's happening.

Probably because they don't want to be the ones to actually have to do something drastic and unpopular.

I should probably be building an electric 45...but I think a diesel substitute might be easier to find while scavenging for food and avoiding rapey hillfolk and mutants in a post apocalyptic hellscape.

I should probably be building an electric 45...but I think a diesel substitute might be easier to find while scavenging for food and avoiding rapey hillfolk and mutants in a post apocalyptic hellscape.

Haha! We had a 45 gallon drum of transformer oil at Uvic a couple years ago. I ran that 50/50 with diesel all winter that year. Opened my eyes to the available fuel sources out there if times get tough. :lol:

One of the advantages of the old IDI's is they can tolerate a lot of different diesel-ish fuels. It's why Toyota still makes the 1HZ for third world countries. It can handle low quality diesel pretty well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom