Snow Run! Saturday, January 21st 2023 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Let's do it again on a Sunday in February! Maybe a different Rampart road, but something close for a relatively short day-trip.
There is a trailhead that starts in Monument, exit 161 that ties back in to Rampart Range rd.
Don't know the name and found it by accident a couple years ago.
The 'trail' is more like Rampart Range rd itself, but lots of spur trails along the way that are a bit more challenging.
Also, 312 comes to mind, as does 315.

Or....there's a trail starting at the Rainbow something or other off 67 going north (on the right, a bit before the shooting ranges on the left) that goes all the way back over to Rampart Range (forget where it ties in).
Again don't know the name. The easy route runs by all the camp sites, but there's another trailhead a little further down the road, passed the camp sites. Much tighter and a little more technical, that then ties back in to the main road over to RR.

Have we done the resevour trail off Old Stage as a club yet? Feel like we have?

And lets do some trails west of Denver some time. TFLx on YT does alot of their off road reviews of trucks on those trails. Kinda curious to see them in real life. Gold Digger, Red Cone(I think), Cliff Hanger are some of the names they've dropped before.

Red Cone is supposed to be fun and a bit challenging, no idea if it's doable in the snow. I've done Webster pass which meets up with Red Cone trail on its way back down, and that side was an easy drive, but not done in snow.

I've heard of the other trails you've mentioned but TFL generally makes up their own names which don't match what the rest of the world calls it.

Several times I've driven up Hotel Gulch, across RR road, then back down through Rainbow Falls OHV, it's a fun drive. Winched two other folks out of slippery situations last winter. Also the side-by-side loop there is a fun run even in snow. I've never fully completed it though.

Another pretty drive out this way is near Nederland and is called Switzerland trail. Lots of offshoots and places to explore along the way as well. You can start by driving up Gordon Gulch, then hanging a right on Switzerland and going as far as you want to.

Last edited:
There is a trailhead that starts in Monument, exit 161 that ties back in to Rampart Range rd.
Don't know the name and found it by accident a couple years ago.

Mt Herman Rd

The 'trail' is more like Rampart Range rd itself, but lots of spur trails along the way that are a bit more challenging.
Also, 312 comes to mind, as does 315.

Or....there's a trail starting at the Rainbow something or other off 67 going north (on the right, a bit before the shooting ranges on the left) that goes all the way back over to Rampart Range (forget where it ties in).
Again don't know the name. The easy route runs by all the camp sites, but there's another trailhead a little further down the road, passed the camp sites. Much tighter and a little more technical, that then ties back in to the main road over to RR.

Have we done the resevour trail off Old Stage as a club yet? Feel like we have?

And lets do some trails west of Denver some time. TFLx on YT does alot of their off road reviews of trucks on those trails. Kinda curious to see them in real life. Gold Digger, Red Cone(I think), Cliff Hanger are some of the names they've dropped before.

Bummer I missed it. We are also in Robotics season with Daniel. Vicki just finished on the elementary side. I may have a few I can make.
Hey Josh, please send the P/N for the extended time batteries for these little radios. We discussed it several months ago. 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom