Snorkeling (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone run this type of snorkel? Does it interfere with the power antenna. I like this one because of the smaller footprint. Pros? Cons?

s-l500.jpg

That's the "old" style of Safari snorkel and yes, will require removal of the power antenna. It's on the opposite side for RHD models and wouldn't interfere, as shown on the truck in your pic.

Dang. Okay, guess I have to buy the other style then. Is there really a difference between and eBay 65 dollar snorkel and an eBay 99 dollar snorkel? Lol.

Can't the old style still be molded to go around the antenna, like you can with the new style? I thought I saw something from IronMan (still sell the old style) saying it could be done the same way.

Can't the old style still be molded to go around the antenna, like you can with the new style? I thought I saw something from IronMan (still sell the old style) saying it could be done the same way.

Old style snorkel doesn't mount anywhere near the antenna mast, it's where it enters the fender and the hole there, same real estate as the power antenna motor. It was the first of the different style that ran along the fender that some people had to press a dent into to clear the antenna, again AUS vs US sides of things.

How does the air get from back there up into the air box? My truck’s got a lot of stuff in the way.

Down the tube, tube inside the fender in place of the stock inlet and resonator box inside the fender, into the air filter.

Old style snorkel doesn't mount anywhere near the antenna mast, it's where it enters the fender and the hole there, same real estate as the power antenna motor. It was the first of the different style that ran along the fender that some people had to press a dent into to clear the antenna, again AUS vs US sides of things.

Down the tube, tube inside the fender in place of the stock inlet and resonator box inside the fender, into the air filter.

Thank you for clarifying this.

I think that snorkel will easily clear the front antenna from the looks of it. On the other hand I am more interested with the bigger footprint version (newest safari snorkel design) primarily for its bigger air volume capacity and increased air flow.
D85BCB2C-CADE-4D35-B347-9E8C034301ED.jpeg

Anyone know or has used the new design on a 100 series or if it’s even available for the 100?

I installed the "white" Safari brand snorkel above in 2014. It was the new style back then, don't know if they have changed since then. As part of the install I had to dimple the snorkel with a heated pipe to have it clear the power antenna bezel.
The snorkel shown in the first post was known as old style back then, which enters the fender where the power antenna is mounted.

I've had the old version of the Safari snorkel on my Land Cruiser since 2008. I replaced the factory antenna with the manual version from the non-USA "poverty pack" (Parstsouq). It's worked great since, no complaints. My buddy used the original up/down antenna button to wire me a stealthy button for a siren I have stashed in the bullbar! :)

I just bought an ebay version of the old style and am installing this week. I'll take some pictures of the clearances as I go.
Can you provide the link of the one you bought?

All of the eBay/Facebook ones are pretty much the same. I haven't heard of anyone having any serious fitment issues or needing to heat up the plastic to form better to the body. Mines a perfect fitment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom