Snapped distributor shaft? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So now the dizzy just drops in, right?

To test my theory you need to:

1. Mark the block at the pump mounting bolts WITH a distributor installed.
  2. Loosen the bolts and see if they move.
  3. Retighten.
  4. Remove the dizzy and see if a second distributor will now install easier.

If it does, consider the problem solved. If it does not, move the bolts back where they were.

In short, I place a higher value on an SST than the FSM, but is still not the be-all, end-all.

Best

Mark A.

Mark - I mistakenly removed this mount when getting my F135 rebuilt. I am now working on aligning it based on your 4 step process. All seems simple enough and I have no interference (that I can feel) when removing / installing the dizzy at 12, 3, 6, and 9 o'clock positions.

What I am not sure of is the proper toque for these bolts, do you know?

Also, the bolts looked staked at the ends and I am going to do the same after torquing.

Mark - I mistakenly removed this mount when getting my F135 rebuilt. I am now working on aligning it based on your 4 step process. All seems simple enough and I have no interference (that I can feel) when removing / installing the dizzy at 12, 3, 6, and 9 o'clock positions.

What I am not sure of is the proper toque for these bolts, do you know?

Also, the bolts looked staked at the ends and I am going to do the same after torquing.

I don’t remember the torque specs off the top of my head, but I know someone has posted a torque spec sheet based on bolt sizes that should be good enough for that application. HTH

I don’t remember the torque specs off the top of my head, but I know someone has posted a torque spec sheet based on bolt sizes that should be good enough for that application. HTH

Thanks Mark. What you proposed was what I was thinking since the fsm doesn’t mention (or I couldn’t find where) removing or installing this part.

Thanks again for providing some direction, I’m so cautious as to not screw up this f135. My perfectionism can be a crutch sometimes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom