Smoke-testing service in Reno? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I need to have my engine smoke tested to eliminate a vacuum leak being the cause of a lean-miss I'm trying to solve. Does anyone know a shop in town they can recommend? Any place I should steer clear of?

Give Co-Auto a call. I know they do them and are a very good shop for all auto repairs. Address: 2155 Dickerson Rd, Reno, NV 89503 www.coautonv.com (775) 360-5361

Thank for your service Shipmate!

Hey brother, your 3fe wtf thread really spoke to me, it is the exact. Same. Situation. I have found myself in. Symptoms identical to yours. I have done every single test you have done, replaced every single part you said you've replaced, and like you I am still stumped. I went through your posts but it doesn't look like you ever posted any solutions.

I'm sorry for bunping such an old thread but I see you're active on here and really wanted to know, did you ever solve your pinging/idle issue? I have a similar leak from the idle solenoid device, but wasn't sure if it was normal or not to have slight leakage there.

Please let me know if you ever got to the bottom of this, it would be a great help.

He swapped the motor to a diesel, so, yes, he resolved it.

My theory is that the 3fe runs lean on the center two cylinders due to the design of the intake. Add an unregulated intake leak, too much timing and a heat soaked cylinder head that runs hot in the middle and you detonate the center 2 cylinders.

He swapped the motor to a diesel, so, yes, he resolved it.

My theory is that the 3fe runs lean on the center two cylinders due to the design of the intake. Add an unregulated intake leak, too much timing and a heat soaked cylinder head that runs hot in the middle and you detonate the center 2 cylinders.

I dont blame him at all. I am going to steam clean the engine again and test again for intake leaks. If the iscv leak shown in this video is fixable, I will fix it and if that doesn't fix it I'm going a similar route.

I'm planning a chevy v8 (6.0 preferred but may do one of the 5.3 motors) mated to an nv4500. Screw the 3fe lol, im sick of it.

Understand completely. It’s a slow, ridiculous pig of a motor with no benefits over a V8.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom