Smittybilt X2O fitment to ARB bull bar bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nothing additional required for my install, but I have cable and a roller fairlead. You may need to line up the drum outlet in a different position and drill new mointing holes...not sure.

It's worked every time I've asked it to, both wirelessly and otherwise. It's been submerged countless times as well.

I will say my winch doesnt get a whole lot of heavy use. It's mainly used in the early season to clear fallen trees on trails, etc.

To be fair, I am planning to replace with a come up 9.5k to save some weight and get rid of the spacers and that'll be put into a Slee bumper.

While I don't think the spacers are a huge deal for what I use my winch for, part of me would feel uncomfortable with a side pull, as my truck is often very heavy.

My advice is to proceed with caution and to know what you'll be using the winch for in the future.

Finally getting around installing my X2O 12k (synthetic) winch, lots of competing priorities... Anyway, with the 12k synthetic what bolts did you all use to clear the spacers or do the Smittybuilt supplied bolts work. Thanks.

I'm tracking:
3/8'' aluminum 1x1 spacers (2) (9/16" holes?))
gearbox 90* to the left
supplied bolts or?

Pretty sure I bought longer bolts, can't remember exactly length depends on spacers

Finally getting around installing my X2O 12k (synthetic) winch, lots of competing priorities... Anyway, with the 12k synthetic what bolts did you all use to clear the spacers or do the Smittybuilt supplied bolts work. Thanks.

I'm tracking:
3/8'' aluminum 1x1 spacers (2) (9/16" holes?))
gearbox 90* to the left
supplied bolts or?

Post #19 details this. You need longer bolts.

Got it rigged up, need to respool my line. I left the gear housing in place bc there seems to enough working room but I may end up rotating it 90 degrees.

0202191747a.jpg

0202191747.jpg

Last edited:
I have a question for you, gentlemen.

My X2O isn't working on wireless mode, I've read the switch fails frequently and purchased a recommended replacement, which is more reliable and waterproof. Its crazy these guys state their winch is IP68 rated and use such a crappy, unsealed switch, but oh well..

My question is, how do you know the control has a full battery? How do you charge it, if at all? Are batteries replaceable?

I can't seem to find any info on the manual..

My remote crapped out and I couldn't locate the wire. Replaced the wire and it's working again.

Remote takes an A23 battery. I know that much. Never had to replace mine.

I will be getting a Warn or Come Up winch next. Replacing the ARB bar as well. Smittybilt isn't a brand I'd expect to last a lifetime to begin with. You always get what you pay for with winches. They are better than nothing, but I wouldn't say I have complete confidence in mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom