Small rubber plugs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I've been wracking my brain, because I remember seeing these on something, maybe it was an electronics thing.

I'm taking the crappy rear flares off my 60, and somewhere I've seen little rubber barbed plugs that would work to pop into the rivet holes in the body.

Something like 1/4" or even smaller 3/16" maybe.

I think they were little feet or isolators on something. Maybe a computer board?

Ringing any bells for anyone?

Otherwise they'll just get a rivet with a gob of goop. :meh:

So I've been wracking my brain, because I remember seeing these on something, maybe it was an electronics thing.

I'm taking the crappy rear flares off my 60, and somewhere I've seen little rubber barbed plugs that would work to pop into the rivet holes in the body.

Something like 1/4" or even smaller 3/16" maybe.

I think they were little feet or isolators on something. Maybe a computer board?

Ringing any bells for anyone?

Otherwise they'll just get a rivet with a gob of goop. :meh:

Too bad I just put an order through yesterday or I would have thrown a few of these in for you (click "push-in bumpers")

Just checked our stock and we do have a ton that are suitable for a 1/4" hole. Seem suited to sheet metal around .06" thick. The rubber button that you'll see once the plug has been inserted is around 0.45" in diameter and .24" high. Depending on how many you need I could just give you a bunch. We don't really use them here anymore.

yeah those are them. I though you might know.

Just did a count, there's about 20 that are 5/16", and about 30 that are 3/16". (or whatever metric equivalent.)

Damn flares leave a lotta holes in a truck. I see they come in packs of 100...that's a lotta spares. :lol:

Possible they'll be too big and bulky on the outside. I just figgered it'd be an easy solution.

yeah those are them. I though you might know.

Just did a count, there's about 20 that are 5/16", and about 30 that are 3/16". (or whatever metric equivalent.)

Damn flares leave a lotta holes in a truck. I see they come in packs of 100...that's a lotta spares. :lol:

Possible they'll be too big and bulky on the outside. I just figgered it'd be an easy solution.

Only ones we have in stock are the 1/4" ones; and sounds like they're just a bit big/small. Probably wouldn't be able to get them in the 3/16" holes. I could grab you 20 to try in the 5/16 holes if you want, but not sure when I'll be up island next.

Another option for you is to go to Lordco and go through their bins of OEM plastic plugs. They have a huge variety. Find what fits best, and insert them with some silicone to seal them in there. Not sure how they'll hold up to UV, but can't say rubber would be that much better. Plastic ones might look better too as they'll be way more low profile.

I'll need to do this same thing when I remove my rear bumper side trim bits. That is if the rust hasn't made the holes too big.... :cry:

In the past I’ve even painted plastic ones, like the ones from Lordco, body colour. They have kept the paint well despite no prep.

Ordered a couple sacks of the the cheapo amazon ones. I didn't want to use a metal rivet because I could see it cracking the paint in behind, and then I'd have bigger holes to fill...

This is one of the many things I haven't gotten around to in the past 5 years I've owned this thing. Might be part of the reason I have some quarter panel repairs to do...:lol:

So the amazon plugs arrived from parts unknown.

Little ones are perfect.

Big ones are just ok, a bit loose, and the head is kindof big, but with a dab of goop at least the holes are filled.

Should be ok until the day I have to break down and paint this thing, at which point maybe they'll get a wee gob of weld.

R09z_3nDXD-tsaypDZTQrapXYWtNgN07fnOHLK-ZjcUj5sL84-KHuTk13ztMOBGd7OkYpTz6G-ochY8rA9dULKE06gBuq2-O5haeMq14cnISSXDibH5Fj1shs6_XWC71QYt5UZny_6kPup2DhqreQ3HxLrFMARFFMEWu5f-qsvSBvG8-iMnAIqgdMgsgVhExCJbiiW2HscJCSxfYMQKuQi1YsscgriLivsyxKsX0a7VJ_aP8ANOwOFDasvn0bdVodgT4Y59l-CQfI8OQnBU2d0W6qxO940k0NutjCGd8vhbfIe0sAyjS3IMA7w5f0RPW8YEkGFIi_UMqm4u97B06Jj87xfMraziJHVC5TNRW1hbW0Zd53ZaVm6NueCSCDKfjtEPOe7qFlceqkuThf1igp55iDwA_EcTEYjPeCMkopORAYeMzeY04TXTui9uknZxUuTT5ecisKBw-kLG0BQMOxl3k2veNMoAgFHcAqnszUwd18n8ceWg5UahcSuOXK7NyxHA1x8UhH12uo_Y4SFEAvMnqaPi9jLQ_Z3cR46bAha6YmKja-ySbaIgkizYhMyh1GLQM4duivQQy5IUt9Edo-tEUJF_CKsk4_zfSWyS-xCuvRdf5JHOGv8QDL3iHP1BRRS6SZKdq72UEi5IsF41wfPnAJX1TRL9IL62u3Rn-ItX9_qc4c-VnHEA=w469-h625-no

07lR00Gsi8nW0CD6ViD3qiUVV_KsEi2Rq7QJZO8K43rDg1m8bL1safDqEkf82duz9gztbXlHrZ2JFNa3yP6r4BHD3MndJlhpi6AnWhvJ8yQ9vjFSAVnnrpp04yPEtE1j9g-gQ-bGsLetcCUbKnh_ef6th_dKXJk48t4-wM2FLyVYFTRjyiEJdZeAvladhXqxGK85bDQz4Krxhryt9M9ayaMI_gm2ZtADeCxxI_gwk_UJEN2DyGd36BDY7kOA5fIvDbpzgJEXW_H10wUP8LUnPvBCt2Fewk2i_HrBIp3xuCr15vxxkry2d6yekxAxxxFEmK7oAzeYSN-DewSNIWBueib2Fzp9ff-RIm_psMlptcf6N33E3lWE5mzz81ULrsFqq1ijgLrrC01jKooDz3ftXe7E5mUN6YvNqST1Po_ub-QYzbQSR8eCz4wYjCtDLJtQjhVvTKnPKHvGqV-gafNNmkiwyyCOJB0nhnqxqUhFYw4o5EEimrwiVii44iih5Mh_KJBJcP0gRnIW8ymVrYLxDURa2ud7jnpRVMyusGqPRwSASUQemsFb1j7ormV0Vlo4u7EhxbH4qqejhJODPN8-2LScEeeZdOzzv3dfNCRc7Lx6FWgEhqDHUyf2iBa29OK1l1scea8h-oL2HqOzy-61IPv8jeYf2obEWAFxMRbRFv3T5SJkE945cJA=w469-h625-no

Looks good.

The ambulance supplier quoted me .27 a piece... then billed me 2.70 a piece for plugs just like those. Amazon’s price is much more reasonable.

Yeah amazon is good for s*** like that. Those little plastic two piece rivets Honda uses to hold bumpers on etc, I fixed something on the wife's CRV, and of course broke them all. Lordco wanted 3 bucks EACH...and I needed something like 20.

Bought a sack of 50 from amazon for 5 bucks. Kinda the reason I didn't even look into lordco for these things.

At the time I bought the ten I needed from Lordco for about $4. Probably simpler plugs... but $4 was far better than $27

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom