Slotted and drilled brake rotors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mace said:
BTW, Steve, degrading another vendors (don't care if it is autozone or pepboys)items is not particularly professional or cool. It makes me even less likely to purchase items from MAF if that is a common practice.

Fair enough, I will retract my statement. I wasnt degrading any particular vendor though, I buy stuff from those places all the time. I was also over exaggerating about the round the block thing, china rotors last a decent amount of time for their price. I do still feel however that the DBA rotors are better than most on the market, and will continue to purchase them for all of my vehicles.

Steve-O said:
Fair enough, I will retract my statement. I wasnt degrading any particular vendor though, I buy stuff from those places all the time. I was also over exaggerating about the round the block thing, china rotors last a decent amount of time for their price. I do still feel however that the DBA rotors are better than most on the market, and will continue to purchase them for all of my vehicles.
Fair enough, I am POSITIVE that the DBA rotors are better quality than the items made in China. And anyone that wants the best for their rigs would be better off getting the DBA stuff :)

Which rotor have longer life ? OEM or DBA ?
Because it's very hard to get Landcruiser parts in Korea that I always concern about life :)

Oh, Min Seok

Brembo makes an affordable replacement rotor that I would rank with OEM Toyota. Don't understand going cheap on safety items. Note I didn't say inexpensive.

Tinker said:
Don't understand going cheap on safety items. Note I didn't say inexpensive.

Good point! Anything safety related is worth exta $$ to me.

Schaats: Personally I feel that DBA's will last longer than OEM on some applications. 80 and 100 series so far have benifitted the most, they are a lot heavier than the 40's and 60's. For these vehicles, they are a great upgrade, but I dont know which will last longer.

Mace: thanks, I dont want to have any hard feelings with anyone here on the board, everyone is entiltled to their own opinions and purchases. :D

RoddQLD: Aussie parts are the best! Just tell your mates to lower prices and ship to us quicker!! :cheers:

Tinker said:
Brembo makes an affordable replacement rotor that I would rank with OEM Toyota. Don't understand going cheap on safety items. Note I didn't say inexpensive.
Untill I actually see a PB rotor fail I am not going to worry about it that much ;)

IMHO, a good set of pads is much more important than the rotors themselves.

I thought is better option but a set of rear disk rotors to have rear disk brake in your TLC and after this if you need more braking power .. go with those DBA rotors . and pads.

You don't have to go to the track to need special rotors.........just drive down a long hill and use your brakes more than normal............

Under long applications of the brakes they heat up and gasses can build 'tween the pads and rotor making your brakes not so efficient

The slots(sometimes call 'Gas SLots') release the build up so everything's peachy

Stock brakes work pretty well but I like that extra edge if I can get it

And Drilled rotors usually crack around the holes so they can suck

Another small advantage of the slotted rotors is their ability to shed water more rapidly after a water crossing. You get full braking power back sooner.

overhanger said:
Another small advantage of the slotted rotors is their ability to shed water more rapidly after a water crossing. You get full braking power back sooner.

yeah that too

jefferson-mo said:
You don't have to go to the track to need special rotors.........just drive down a long hill and use your brakes more than normal............

Under long applications of the brakes they heat up and gasses can build 'tween the pads and rotor making your brakes not so efficient

The slots(sometimes call 'Gas SLots') release the build up so everything's peachy

Stock brakes work pretty well but I like that extra edge if I can get it

And Drilled rotors usually crack around the holes so they can suck
Which is why god invented gears..

Mace said:
Which is why god invented gears..

yeah but..............

but........................

OK you're right :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom