Sliders for 40's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey Mixmaster, Are those bolts for your sliders reinforced with tubing inside the frame? I would think if not, then the frame could get crushed or deformed? ???

The bolts aren't reinforced. They have been abused pretty well since we put them on and no problems. I guess only time can tell, but I am confident they will hold up well.

Nope, no backing plate on Mix's, but I suppose one could use a backing plate if one was that worried about it... I'll testify that those bolts holding the sliders to the frame were CRANKED down good too--it took both Mix and Cody (one with a wrench on the bolt, one with a wrench on the nut) to get the damn things off last night (so they could pattern the new ones after them). So I also am confident they will hold up well. Of course some of you meat-heads might be albe to tighten them so tight that the frame pushes in... :p

I really like them cause they follow the line of the cruiser tub and still ties in the fender. Just my opinion, but I am not a fan of having the slider only under the tub and then nothing under the bottom of the fender leaving it out to be slammed.

Mix, where's the picture of the whole cruiser sittin' on that one bar...post it up!

-Ferg-

Yeah, like ferg said, there are no backing platea, but plans are to put some on. They aren't sleeved because they only go through one side of the frame, there are some factory holes on the other side of the frame where we mounted them so we could the nuts on, kind of a pain but it works.

Here is a pic of the sliders in action. The 1x1 is a lot stronger than it looks, a lot of weight on the end and they weren't even tweaked.

Oh, I didn't realize that there were holes like you talk about. Couldn't see much from my view standin' back, leanin' against the wall and drinkin' my dr. pepper except you too freakers havin' a good ole time trying to get them back off! :flipoff2:

-Ferg-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom