Events/Trails Sledding Palomar Today (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.phalconoverland.com
Anyone with some time and looking for something to do is welcome to join Phulcrum today and I as we make another run up to Palomar State park and to Doane Pond via Nate Harrison to take our kiddos sledding. The plan is to meet at 10AM at the 76/15 park and ride, gas up, and depart. We will be on HAM and FRS, usual channels. I suspect we will be there through lunch so bringing some snacks is a good idea.

At the very least, the drive up should make for some great snow wheeling!

Knarf

Last edited:
So... have a great time... we are headed to the Peace Trail

I checked the board too late- dang that sounds awesome, supposed to dump snow.

It was great. We did some legit snow wheeling. I towed one guy back onto the road and guided an older dude in a Mazda 5 in a 6 point turn to get him pointed back down after Tim and some others got him out of the ditch he slid into. There are definitely some wholly unprepared up there but nothing like S7. Most just give up and turn around when it gets tough.

On the way down some clown in a 2WD Tundra was driving way too fast and sliding all over the place. He almost backed into Tim but we got going and left him to his own devices.

Interestingly, the park was actually closed but that was not posted on the Nate side so we go to enjoy the day.

Onto some pictures!

The goodness in the distance...

20191226_100706.jpg

We hit snow much sooner than in November.

20191226_105609.jpg

Winter wonderland the rest of the way up.

20191226_113008.jpg

20191226_113420.jpg

On the way to Doane...

20191226_114819.jpg

Well, one was a Mazda 5 and the other a Rodeo on baldish tires so didn't think they'd be into B&T. However, we did meet up with a Blue FJ that might stop by for a meeting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom