SKNKWRX Cyprus Pearl 06 GX 470 build and adventures (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Still need to get my sliders on but otherwise the truck has been great and enjoying some early season adventures in UT. Replacing the leaking radiator this weekend and have plotted a 600 mile off-road route across UT to the Grand Canyon North Rim hitting Capitol Reef NP, Lake Powell and Grand Staircase Escalante along the way.

View attachment 2667741

View attachment 2667742

View attachment 2667743
@SKNKWRX Awe man!!!!

That's going to be a raaaad trip!!!
I just finally got to Escalante area last month, amazing country!! All.of.it! 🤙🤙

When by capital reef, Try to get to Mesa farm ( 15ish miles east of the park) great coffee, bread and amazing Cinnamon rolls!!!!

PXL_20210530_225835219.jpg

Good pies at the the Gifford homestead in the park too! 🤙👌

Last edited:
@SKNKWRX Awe man!!!!

That's going to be a raaaad trip!!!
I just finally got to Escalante area last month, amazing country!! All.of.it! 🤙🤙

When by capital reef, Try to get to Mesa farm ( a bit east of the park) great coffee, bread and amazing Cinnamon rolls!!!!
Good pies at the the Gifford homestead in the park too! 🤙👌
Thanks I have been through there a couple times and am adding some new areas to this trip, if you go through there again stop at Kiva Coffee outside Boulder UT its worth it just for the views and the cool building.

Thanks I have been through there a couple times and am adding some new areas to this trip, if you go through there again stop at Kiva Coffee outside Boulder UT its worth it just for the views and the cool building.
Totally!! 🤙🤙
My wife has been through that area many times through time but NEVER during open hours. Lol!!

And then last month when we were out there canyoneering with the kids, in drive say from HIR rd, over to Wolverine area (by the petrified forest area), I angles tomato DURING OPEN HOURS but was overrides! 😣😩😩

So, alas, still on the bucket list, LOL!

ladder and roof rack, LEDs and yellowed fogs... There's moar wheel gap in front here too.... 🤔
lift? spacer? whatchyagotgoingon in there? ;)
It is lifted on Bilstein 5100s with springs from All Dogs off road. I think about 2.5" of lift IIRC.

pulling sliders off makes SOOOO much difference in appearance, doesn't it!!!?
looking sharp, man!!!
Grill painted too, eh.

Gotcha, bils and dogz. 🤘 👌 thx
Yea I am already losing tracks of all the mods, OEM grill was busted so I bought an eBay one and painted it. I want the sliders on before my big UT trip to GCNP North Rim.

Spent Sunday exploring a new trail in the San Juans, first real wheeling I have done with the GX and pleased with how it performed. Sadly snow stopped me from making it all the way over the pass to the far end but still was a great day and nobody else out there lots of stuff for doggo to sniff.

_DSC6244.jpg

_DSC6242.jpg

_DSC6229.jpg

_DSC6224.jpg

_DSC6234.jpg

_DSC6227.jpg

_DSC6237.jpg

Spent Sunday exploring a new trail in the San Juans, first real wheeling I have done with the GX and pleased with how it performed. Sadly snow stopped me from making it all the way over the pass to the far end but still was a great day and nobody else out there lots of stuff for doggo to sniff.
Great pics. We'll be taking our Cypress Green '07 GX (also with yellow fogs and bronze wheels!) to the San Juans in June.

If you don't mind me asking, which trail did you go up? We're hoping to hit Imogene Pass and then Engineer Pass (via the Mineral Spur towards the east).

@SKNKWRX Did I see you ducking in around here yesterday? 🤔

Dropped pin

Visit Randy @ Mesa Farm Just down the Rd. . . 😇👌

PXL_20210530_225835219.jpg

Last edited:
@SKNKWRX Did I see you ducking in around here yesterday? 🤔

Dropped pin

Visit Randy @ Mesa Farm Just down the Rd. . . 😇👌

View attachment 2690092
Nope never heard of the place

Nope never heard of the place
🤣

Sorry for being unclear. That was 2 different ideas
A: I'd recommended mesa farm before you left for your rad UT excursion, and

B: yesterday I busted out to Capital reef to camp with wife but she's already left, so heading back home I saw a similar tricked, dark GX headed back-country around that maps pin drop I just shared. 🤓🤣

But alas... T'wasn't you. 😉

🤣

Sorry for being unclear. That was 2 different ideas
A: I'd recommended mesa farm before you left for your rad UT excursion, and

B: yesterday I busted out to Capital reef to camp with wife but she's already left, so heading back home I saw a similar tricked, dark GX headed back-country around that maps pin drop I just shared. 🤓🤣

But alas... T'wasn't you. 😉
Ahhh no it twas not =P hopefully I will be going soon though

Still have your GX Drew? Any more changes to it?

Still have your GX Drew? Any more changes to it?
I do, finally got my sliders on and just swapped in some projectors into my fogs as well. Have had a busy year with helping out with some family stuff and a new puppy but hoping for a trip someplace fun soon.

IMG_0247.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0249.jpg

IMG_0250.jpg

Sliders look good, what brand did you go with?

Details on the projector swap? Steal some from a 4th gen 4runner?
Sliders are 4X Innovations and the projectors I got from ebay they are the same ones BX Built uses for their GX fogs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom