Signs of water pump failure? (long) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Max.Powerzz said:
Reviving an old thread here, I'm wondering how that Radiator Barn unit has held up? Still going strong? I know they're not the top of the line units, but they do come with a lifetime warranty.

Yes, also reviving an old thread here, I'm wondering how the folks with the aux fans are liking them? Any other thoughts on which ones were better? Also anyone run one of those JDM ones there was some slick thread on awhile ago? Clown do you have yours still with the intercooler? If so did you fab the brackets, move the horns around? IOW howdidja fit that thing in there??? Thanks. :cool:

Max.Powerzz said:
Reviving an old thread here, I'm wondering how that Radiator Barn unit has held up? Still going strong? I know they're not the top of the line units, but they do come with a lifetime warranty.

It's doing just fine. I have not yet fixed the overheating problem. Since it is a hot weather problem I have felt no need to rush....I have a new water pump on the shelf that is going in soon, and if that doesn't do the trick I will install a pusher fan with a manual switch.

I have an OBD2 scan tool now, so I can run the truck up some grades and get some water temp/ ignition advance/ engine load readings on my laptop to see what is going on. I can monitor three variables at once - do those seem to be the best?

If not, which engine parameters should I record?

Thanks.

John Davies
Spokane WA

The auxiliary fan installation solved my heating problems to the point where I am not even aware of the fact that the fan is there - the whole issue is gone from my mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom