side moldings (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Are the side moldings mounted with double sided tape or plastic tabs that would leave a bunch of holes.
20170706_192847.jpg

Plastic clips and 2 sides tape. I posted some pics a couple years back of the side of mine without the moldings. You could find that thread with the search function looking for "trim molding" or "side molding".

The side mouldings is code UCA46 Light Greyish Beige Metallic,

Your looks wonderful though @allan man

Thanks for the color code man....I was thinking of painting mine white just to update the look but would have to do the bumpers as well however I might have plans to arb the front and slee the rear so maybe just a waste of time and money.

I feel ya there, mine look terrible,

The local Line-X guy is quite reasonable and has done work for me in the past,

If I remove them and take them to him he estimates no more than 150 to coat all of them, then I just have to re-install. Not going to lie, I am tempted greatly to try it.

Amazon has the 3M tape and I am about to check on what all new clips would cost...

Part numbers for clips...? I'm sure they'll all break removing the mouldings.

I feel ya there, mine look terrible,

The local Line-X guy is quite reasonable and has done work for me in the past,

If I remove them and take them to him he estimates no more than 150 to coat all of them, then I just have to re-install. Not going to lie, I am tempted greatly to try it.

Amazon has the 3M tape and I am about to check on what all new clips would cost...

Yes the 3M automotive double sided tape works very well...since I'm going to hold off
For now on painting my side mouldings and bumper until I can make the decision on
Wether I will go with some armor I did upgrade the look of the front grille.

What have you done to your 100 Series this week?

How has the paint held up on the side moldings? Considering removing flares and having front bumper and side molding painted black to match the body since rear bumper has to be painted to repair damage.

One issue is the steps also have the charcoal color, but kinda need them for now with younger daughters.

Someone mentioned a wrap shop doing the lighter color down the middle of his side molding, so I suspect the entire side molding could be covered with that material too.

Just so you how a repaint looks. When I had my front ARB bumper painted to match the grey trim, I had the side moldings painted at the same time. Doesn't have the silver accent stripe in the middle though. The rig is bit dirty right now so I just took a rag and wiped off a bit to take a quick shot with my phone. Hope this is helpful.

SideMoulding1.JPG
SideMoulding2.JPG

Just so you how a repaint looks. When I had my front ARB bumper painted to match the grey trim, I had the side moldings painted at the same time. Doesn't have the silver accent stripe in the middle though. The rig is bit dirty right now so I just took a rag and wiped off a bit to take a quick shot with my phone. Hope this is helpful.

View attachment 1497825 View attachment 1497826
Rattle can? Color?

Rattle can? Color?

Work done at Boerne Collision Center in Boerne, TX. I didn't want to take the post too far off-topic, but my rig got hit the parking lot of the Lexus dealer when I left it for service. Front bumper damage, the headlight, hood, and a little bit of the fender. So I figured it was a good time to apply some of the repair money toward the ARB. So the shop does good work (had my 200 fixed there when I got rear-ended). I just said "Match the trim paint for the bumper and hit those side moldings for me while you're at it". Bumper itself was actually installed at 4wheel parts in San Antonio after Boerne Collision fixed everything else and painted the bumper (and moldings).

So other complications were going on - the side moldings were just an afterthought. Sorry I don't have more info, but I figured the pictures would give you an idea.

Body shops have various thicknesses of two sided tape and afger doing mine i suggest you use both if you want the finish to fit as it was intended.

Also, the clips can come off without breaking if you use needle node pliers to grip the clip and rotate 90 degrees.

But, you will invariably break some and maybe you'd rather order all of them.

Recommend pulling the door panels and fender/quarter inner panels and compressing the clips from the inside?
Prying them off from the outside with a plastic trim tool?

View attachment 1497825 View attachment 1497826
Looks good. The lighter silver on mine is fading and dinged up in spots. Solid color looks fine to me.

The moldings pop off. Most of the clips will be left in the vehicle. Use pliers to rotate the clips 90 degrees and they will pull strait out.

The moldings pop off. Most of the clips will be left in the vehicle. Use pliers to rotate the clips 90 degrees and they will pull strait out.

Thanks, so they slide off or pull straight off? Don't want to break the moulding mounts. Appears the clips are Toyota 90467-12075.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom