Side Mirror Relocation Brackets (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

All good ideas. The goal of a simple design may be hard to reach, especially on the passenger's side.

The bracket will be solid enough to not shake at speed, but thin enough to be the weak link and bend before the mirror arm bends. At least thats the plan.

Here is a picture of the brackets I am going to put on my FJ40. Note they have 2 bolts holes on bracket.
Mirror Bracket.jpg

I've read that those arms tend to shake quite a bit and the passengers side is hard to see around a front cage. The stainless or chrome finish is not my thing either since my 40 is camo. I hope they work great for you. Please post your thoughts after the install.

I am looking at building a simple swing away bracket that utilizes the three holes in the top of the windshield when the top is off. Probably go with a simple round mirror head. I'll post pics when I get to that point.

All good ideas. The goal of a simple design may be hard to reach, especially on the passenger's side.

The bracket will be solid enough to not shake at speed, but thin enough to be the weak link and bend before the mirror arm bends. At least thats the plan.

I'm definitely interested! Not following much of this, since my rig is in the shop now. But, I know my passenger-side mirror is basically useless because of the roll bar.

Appreciate all the creative genius going on here.. :idea:

Figure it out, and I'll test it!! :bounce:

I cut the head off a door pin, and cut the mounting bracket off a mirror and welded the pin to it. It then fits in the hinge when the doors are off for a good, cheap solution.

:beer: Ramon

Move mirrors forward?

Hey, I just came across this pic...
attachment.php

Why don't people just move the mirrors forward like this?

Avoids the problem of the roll bar blocking, and you don't have to change anything when you swap out or remove the doors? What are the disadvantages of looking at the rear view mirrors thru the windshield? I can think only of 2 possible... first, pain in butt to adjust the angle of the mirrors, and second, is there more mirror image shake?

Doesn't seem like a bad solution? Anyone doing this? More pics please?!?!

Hey mtweller, how about a picture of that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom