Side markers working but not turn signals 1985 Toyota Pickup (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As the title says. My side markers are working with both the flashers and turn signals but not the front corner turn signals. Bought new turn signals and installed. Bulbs are good. Even pulled the wiring and switched to make sure it wasnt the connection. Still the lights for the side makers work but not the front turn signal. I am getting the rapid flasher. Looked at my flasher. Did not see anything obvious. Looked at the fuses. They all look fine. I did swap out the side markers to an led light. But when i changed it back to a regular bulb it is still doing the same thing. Was thinking maybe a ground issue. But i would think that would effect the side markers as well. I am stumped. And electrical issues are not my strength.

8A7C160C-AD03-4AFA-A1D2-CC96493E4942.jpeg

CB0CF9C6-87A5-49CE-8B13-7DFF14A2FCF3.jpeg

I think I figured it out. After pulling everything apart, checking all the fuses, relays, continuity, using a test light. The lights next to the headlamps ARE NOT turn signals. They are the running lights when your headlamps are on. The turn signals are the bumper lights and work independently of the lights next to the headlamps. So since I want them to run opposite, I want the lights next to the headlamps to be the turn signals, and the lights in the bumper to be my running lights, I am just switching the connections. There problem solved, and that should stop the hyperflashing of the relay. Damn I am an electrical genius after all. (just slow on the uptake.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom