Show me your escape gear seat covers! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Howdy all!

I am about to pull the trigger on some seat covers but don’t know which ones to get. I am seriously thinking about escape gears, but would love to see some in 100’s if you will share! Thanks!

Ditto ... I would too. Have a split in the seat bottom.

Escape Gear:

SOR:

I just got Escape Gear covers, and they have made several improvements over the covers that were shown in the thread above. I can upload pictures later today, but the primary change is the head rest covers. They switched design getting rid of that elastic that makes them look cheap. The fit as well on the seats are dead on, whereas the covers in some of the old escape gear threads don't look exactly right.

The fabric is a bit rougher than the SOR ones I have seen, but I think it works well.

I just got Escape Gear covers, and they have made several improvements over the covers that were shown in the thread above. I can upload pictures later today, but the primary change is the head rest covers. They switched design getting rid of that elastic that makes them look cheap. The fit as well on the seats are dead on, whereas the covers in some of the old escape gear threads don't look exactly right.

The fabric is a bit rougher than the SOR ones I have seen, but I think it works well.

That would be awesome! Let’s see em!

I love my Escape Gear seatcovers on my 98 LX. Will snap some photos later. One thing to take note of is that the LX470 and Landcruiser seats ARE different! There is NO LX-specific seat cover available from Escape Gear. They will look like they fit, but the holes for the seat adjuster won't line up perfectly and the covers will have to be pulled very tight to fit. They fit perfectly on LandCruisers though (mine were bought 2nd hand off a LandCruiser owner and I saw how well they fit on his seats). The LX models have "thicker" padding and more bolstering that wasn't accounted for. Having said that, I'm very very happy with the overall performance over the past 2 years. They are highly resistant to tears and stains and actually don't cause swamp ass (I live in Central TX and know heat and humidity). They are a bit of a pain to remove and wash, but not too terrible.

I also have the center console cover which is BRILLIANT IMO. It protects the entire center console area and provides 2 zippered pouches on either side for various items.

I live in Pflugerville. If you're near the area, you're welcome to see mine in person. I'll also be at the LandCruiser Round Up later this month near Mason.

No issues. Geanes mentioned there is a pouch or zipper on the center console cover, but I think they did away with that as mine done have them. They did change the headrest covers as well since previous models.

I'm happy with them for what they are. I will be recovering the leather underneath them at a future date, but wanted covers over them regardless of leather condition.
PXL_20220305_161617953.jpg

No issues. Geanes mentioned there is a pouch or zipper on the center console cover, but I think they did away with that as mine done have them. They did change the headrest covers as well since previous models.

I'm happy with them for what they are. I will be recovering the leather underneath them at a future date, but wanted covers over them regardless of leather condition.

I was referring to the lower center console, not the armrest (mine just has elastic straps to keep that cover on). Escape Gear make an actual cover that slips over the gear selector and transfer case shifter. It has cutouts for the seat heaters and ECT/2nd Start buttons.
1646664544962.png

I was referring to the lower center console, not the armrest (mine just has elastic straps to keep that cover on). Escape Gear make an actual cover that slips over the gear selector and transfer case shifter. It has cutouts for the seat heaters and ECT/2nd Start buttons. View attachment 2945596
That looks awesome! I haven't seen one of those. Off to look for it now.

I'm happy with them for what they are. I will be recovering the leather underneath them at a future date, but wanted covers over them regardless of leather condition. View attachment 2944694
How does the center console cover attach? Have any more pictures of that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom