show me your axe...

Those Northman’s are a thing of beauty. I think I’m going to buy my father in law one of the Husky Carpenters axes soon. He’s been griping the last three camping trips about his hatchet. I sharpened it for him, with an angle grinder (normally a no go, but I knew this was a cheap piece of garbage) and the metal was so soft it would get a lip on the reverse if whatever side I was grinding. Worthless.

mryanangel

SILVER Star
you have contact info? Id be happy to blow these up for him.
Liam Hoffman. He has a multi-year wait list at the moment and stopped taking orders for a while, I think he recently started taking orders again. It took me 2.5 years to get my saddle axe. Almost as long of a wait as the Northman axes out of Latvia.

Last edited:
Reactions: RFB
I poked around the website. Looks like he opens the window for ordering on Monday's or something. If you're lucky and fast you get to reserve an axe that you'll get in X years. I'd love to have one.

Hojack

“Roads... where we’re going, we don’t need roads”
Cascade Foothills above Eagle Creek, Oregon 🇺🇸
I picked up a truckload of Rocky Mtn. Juniper off a Ranch we elk hunt on in Central Oregon.
FE253179-189B-44E0-9D9F-8FA34E27984F.jpeg

I cut a lot of firewood species, I love it’s smell. Very aromatic, even when it’s burning the smoke smells amazing. Western Red Cedar and Incense Cedar also smell good.
DEEF55FD-CBEC-4961-9290-98133EBC5D97.jpeg

Too bad you can scratch and sniff the screen. :rofl:

Hojack

“Roads... where we’re going, we don’t need roads”
Cascade Foothills above Eagle Creek, Oregon 🇺🇸
My OCD is so satisfied by looking at those pictures. If i stacked firewood as such, i'd never remove it. lmao
The right side of the wall with the man door is my Rocky Mtn Juniper side. I’ve had it for about 8 years now. Got it from a Ranch we deer hunted on. It’s the perfect wood for backyard fires. The smoke smells good, crackles and pops, very good firewood. I just got another load from the Ranch we elk hunt on a couple weeks ago.
The left side about 4’ to the floor has some Doug Fir from the wife’s family’s property. Cut an old growth tree, 5’ base that was leaning over their bridge across the creek. We cut and fell that tree over 10 years ago. I guess some wood I have stored has memories I don’t want to burn.
The side above my wood splitter is my winters starting supply, I always start there and then go to the DougFir and last would be Juniper. Now that I elk hunt on another ranch I hope to have more juniper each year.
Call me crazy... it’s taken my wife years to understand my wife wood OCD... I don’t even think I understand it.🤣

Top Bottom