Show me photos on how you carry extra gas (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I would be hesitant to try and rig up 10 gallons of gas onto the Gobi ladder - two 5 gallon jerry cans will be around 70lbs when filled up. I don't doubt the ladder can support that weight (you want to climb up it after all!) but the stress from driving, especially rough driving off-road, might be too much for it over time. 5 gallons would hopefully be fine though, and you could probably bolt one of the military jerry can holders on the ladder without too much trouble.

Not sure if the 80 series has the same rear crossmember bolt pattern as our trucks, but this idea is pretty nifty:
In the photos they show the tailgate being down with a can in the holder but they don't show how the rear window lifts up with a can in the holder.

In the end, I went with a 3-gal Rotopax fuel can because it was the only one with available heavy duty brackets for the Gobi ladder. I got the Overland Equipped heavy duty mounting bracket and the Rotopax LOX pack mount. The 3-gal seems to work pretty good, but not enough extra gas for this gas guzzler. I might try to add a 2-gal Rotopax as well to increase to a 5 gallon extra fuel.

IMG_7867.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom