Should I get Lexus Extended Warranty and are the estimates reasonable. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The alignment on that printout is off. It was the Platinum VSA. This was Jan 2016 though the dealer started at >$3k. I don't know the current cost but the dealer actually sold it to me for $40 less than anywhere else I could find online, once I told them I was going to purchase from another dealer.

The Toyota VSA has to be done while the vehicle is still under warranty (either factory warranty, or CPO warranty)

The alignment on that printout is off. It was the Platinum VSA. This was Jan 2016 though the dealer started at >$3k. I don't know the current cost but the dealer actually sold it to me for $40 less than anywhere else I could find online, once I told them I was going to purchase from another dealer.

The Toyota VSA has to be done while the vehicle is still under warranty (either factory warranty, or CPO warranty)
Wow that's quite a deal then. I remember looking for bmw and third party warranties around the 2016-2017 time period and didn't see anything under 2500

Wow that's quite a deal then. I remember looking for bmw and third party warranties around the 2016-2017 time period and didn't see anything under 2500

Thats also BMW... they know that POS will get a check engine light on the way home from the dealer and be on a flatbed the following morning on the way to the office.

Thats also BMW... they know that POS will get a check engine light on the way home from the dealer and be on a flatbed the following morning on the way to the office.
Not even close but nice try man

We bought a 2013 model in October of 2017 with about 60,000 miles. It has always been serviced at Toyota/Lexus dealers ahead of schedule. (oil, driveline fluid, radiator, brakes, spark plugs, etc). We have five children and have averaged about 20,000 miles a vehicle a year on this vehicle. (at 159,000 now)

Yes, we have used the warranty. We did not use it at all during the 2 year certified warranty. We have two years left and have used it several times since the five year/unlimited miles kicked in:

Blend Door Actuator (Around $950)
Brake Booster - do not remember the cost, but it was pricey.
TPMS sensor / issue with it not resetting: do not know cost
Rear Hatch Motor (Around $900+).
Transfer Case ( I think the parts were around $3,000 on this?). Locking Differential Light would keep flashing all of the time - disabling cruise control. It would go away if you turned the car off and restarted it. This fixed the issue.
Rear Height Sensor (Several hundred dollar repair)
It is in the shop now because the hydraulic actuators have collapsed in bank 1. (This is very expensive - I think two full days of labor + parts)
The front struts are leaking, we have not used the warranty on this yet, but likely will within the next two years
We have had an intermittent front right parking sensor issue where it was going off randomly. This seems to have resolved for now without warranty.

There may be one or two other issues, but I believe this is most of it.

It works across North America and they reimburse a loaner car at $50/day up to five days if needed.

I am not sorry that we purchased it. These are expensive cars, we plan on keeping it a long time, and drive a fair amount of miles and a lot of trips around town.

Thanks!
This is a wild list of stuff to go wrong, what kind of ride issues did you have with the hydraulic actuators collapse? Kinda shocked to see this many large repairs.

If suppose I get Lexus extended warranty, and I choose to go to non-lexus dealer for service then in the case something breaks electrical or mechanical would lexus honor warranty?

We have a certified 2018. You MUST extend the warranty while it’s under factory warranty to get a much cheaper rate. We extended after purchase but at 49,000 miles. We paid $2300 and it extended the unlimited mileage warranty until 2029. It’s a total of 11 years (4 factory, 2 standard certified, additional 5). Our local dealer in STL did it all over the phone. PM me if you need a contact.

With labor rates rising and parts becoming more expensive it made sense to pay for the peace of mind. I do a lot of DYI but one issue and it’ll pay for itself.

We have a certified 2018. You MUST extend the warranty while it’s under factory warranty to get a much cheaper rate. We extended after purchase but at 49,000 miles. We paid $2300 and it extended the unlimited mileage warranty until 2029. It’s a total of 11 years (4 factory, 2 standard certified, additional 5). Our local dealer in STL did it all over the phone. PM me if you need a contact.

With labor rates rising and parts becoming more expensive it made sense to pay for the peace of mind. I do a lot of DYI but one issue and it’ll pay for itself.
Can you get a warranty after the factory one expired? I have a 13 with 66k, so I’m out of the time but still within mileage

Exactly. One even small issue these days will pay for the price of the warranty. The coverage you got is insane!

Great price.
Given some of the dealer repair quotes I’ve seen on here, yes it would pay for itself in one instance.

Can you get a warranty after the factory one expired? I have a 13 with 66k, so I’m out of the time but still within mileage
It is at least double the price. At that point your much better keeping your money for the inevitable.

If suppose I get Lexus extended warranty, and I choose to go to non-lexus dealer for service then in the case something breaks electrical or mechanical would lexus honor warranty?
Yes. You can also service your own car and they’ll honor. I change the AHC fluid myself and just completed a brake job. You do not need to complete maintenance at a dealer for them to honor a warranty.

PMed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom