Shop to rebuild steering box for 80 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys -

I have a bit of slop in my steering on my 80 series. I think it's the steering box and from reading here the preload on the internal bearing in the steering box. Any recommendations on a local shop that can work on the internals of the 80 series steering box?

I could pull out myself and ship to someone but would prefer someone local.

I looked through the thread on reputable shops but was thinking this is somewhat of a specialty task.
Any advice appreciated.

Thanks. I called Randy at Steering solutions and looks like they do this all day long... I think I will pull myself and get into them.

thx for the tip!!

Make sure it's your box and not the frame where it mounts, have your truck running and get someone to turn the wheel back and forth make sure there is no frame flex, randy is the man though if you need a box fixed

Steve at EBI Cruisers in Port Coquitlam

or, in Langley even, Steering Solutions.
I had John Voo rebuild mine at EBI, did it while I watched and helped. It cost me more to help.....
I brought my own rebuild kit though. Not sure if Steve has them in stock.

Make sure it's your box and not the frame where it mounts, have your truck running and get someone to turn the wheel back and forth make sure there is no frame flex, randy is the man though if you need a box fixed

The HDJ81 frames seem to be prone to cracking around the steering box once bigger tires and some 'wheeling happen, not as much of an issue with north american models but still possible.
Mines cracked a couple times and has been welded up but is now reinforced with some plates, thanks Jason!

Mine went in my FJ80. I took it out and took it to Steering Solutions in Port Kells. They rebuilt it in a few days and gave me a sheet on how to install and bleed the system. Very reasonable price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom