Shock recommendations Light RJ77 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ladies and Gentlemen,

looking for suggestions to replace shocks on RJ77. I have searched and come up with lift stuff mostly. This vehicle will be DD, very little off road duty.. no lift. I see Dobinsons has shocks listed, but want to know if anyone has experience with Bilsteins or maybe Fox for on road comfort?

yeah I know. 70 series very little off road. already have fj70, UTV, and truck to go that route.

Thanks for any response and have a great weekend.

Dobinsons are the oldest manufacturer of light duty landcruiser suspension.. But any quality brand will suffice.

Hello,

Dobinsons shocks are a good choice.

Toyota shocks are an option if DD/light off-road use is intended. Not as fancy as aftermarket but they do the job, and do it well.

Juan

I've been very happy with my OME shocks. Really tough, and work with the stock suspension too. I've beat them hard for years and they're still good to go.

I was happy with my OME shock also. They were fitted to my cruiser before I bought it but they lasted a long time. I had the OME nitrochargers I think

I'd go for OME. They were excellent on my Hilux.

I put OME nitrochargers on my first Prado, they performed very well. I also bought a set for my current Prado but haven't installed them yet.

You dont really need HD shocks. Off road shocks are designed to work hard. You could probably get by with el cheapo shocks and replace them every 5 years for on road use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom