Shipping (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone have some experience with shipping vehicles or containers to Europe? Contacts or good companies to use?

Looking at shipping my landcruiser over and perhaps some spare parts as well if i go the container route. From what I understand if you shop RORO you're not allowed to have anything inside the vehicle.

Does anyone have some experience with shipping vehicles or containers to Europe? Contacts or good companies to use?

Looking at shipping my landcruiser over and perhaps some spare parts as well if i go the container route. From what I understand if you shop RORO you're not allowed to have anything inside the vehicle.
Just stick some stamps on the hood and drop it off at the post office. :flipoff2:

Do your research. I’d container if I had to move my cruiser overseas.

I’ve done it a couple of times but only Canada-Oz so my experience is limited.

Get as many quotes as you can. RORO can be a headache… and not always an option for your departure/destination port selection.

Most companies have “partners” locally if they don’t actually service that area.

Be prepared that shipping prices have jumped astronomically in the last few years.

Cheers
Crusty

Sell your cruiser and buy a land rover! :flipoff2:

I have sent an email to a business person in Ontario I had past correspondence with on this exact topic.
I wanted to take my 60 to Europe for a road trip up through Norway and back through Sweden when
covid hit. I'd still like to do it, but economics and war now seem to make it an impossibility.
It was 4 yrs ago when I started the process and was just sorting out finances at the time.
When I hear back from him, and he is still available I will let you know. His prices were really reasonable and the
ability to ship right from Toronto makes it really sensible. Getting a container from here to Toronto should
not be too difficult, but cost might be the factor.
Would you like me to make a couple of calls to local Canadian trucking shipping company? I had Aqualu body
shipped a long time ago but the company who shipped it certainly still exists. They probably can arrange train
and container shipments too.

Ya if you don't mind to make a couple of calls it would be appreciated. I might also look at tossing another aqualu body in the same container. Was thinking of stopping in there on my way through bc as maybe they also have some shipping contacts.

If you drive through Sweden you're welcome to swing by we have yard camping or a guest house depending on the situation at the time you come.

Ya if you don't mind to make a couple of calls it would be appreciated. I might also look at tossing another aqualu body in the same container. Was thinking of stopping in there on my way through bc as maybe they also have some shipping contacts.

If you drive through Sweden you're welcome to swing by we have yard camping or a guest house depending on the situation at the time you come.
I'm just going to edit out what I wrote earlier. I heard back from the shipping agent in Toronto. Have a good plan and seems like
a very reasonable price. Send me a pm with your email and I'll forward his entire email response to you and it will have all his
contact information. J

Last edited:
I am importing a truck from Europe right now using the RoRo ships. The RoRo shipping routes are a bit messed up right now so you most likely have to go through Halifax. Halifax to the west coast of Canada you can use the CN trains. Pm me if you want the details and some contacts. You are correct that they don’t allow personal belongings in your vehicle. But the price is way lower than container from my understanding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom