Shim set for transfer output shaft (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Received the next two sizes up. Installed the bigger shim and it didn’t help nor did it have significant effect on preload. Weird.

After SAS I’ll rebuild the TC. But before I will take a sneak at the thrust washer on the idle gear. Make sure it’s not spinning on me.

ever figure this one out?

Bump.. @TexFJ you ever figure it out?

Any update on this? I just started rebuilding my part time transfer but the preload with new bearings is way too tight, even old bearings it was still tight but waiting to see if the local Toyota have any.

Also didn’t find a spring and ball in the top part and didn’t have a shim behind the speedo gear? 🤔

IMG_8402.jpeg

IMG_8422.jpeg

IMG_8421.jpeg

IMG_8396.jpeg

Any update on this? I just started rebuilding my part time transfer but the preload with new bearings is way too tight, even old bearings it was still tight but waiting to see if the local Toyota have any.

Also didn’t find a spring and ball in the top part and didn’t have a shim behind the speedo gear? 🤔

Try 80 or 70 series sections.

View attachment 3525399

View attachment 3525400

View attachment 3525401

View attachment 3525402
I got the part numbers from amayama diagram and ordered nearly half the set, every second size, from both amayama and local toyota dealer. The things you are missing are needed.

I got the part numbers from amayama diagram and ordered nearly half the set, every second size, from both amayama and local toyota dealer. The things you are missing are needed.
I can’t seem to find this shim?
Managed to find the output shaft bearing shims, non available in Aus so going to try source elsewhere before ex Japan

IMG_8423.jpeg

IMG_8401.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom