September Ride - Hawk Pride, Sept 23-25? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ham radio came in. I should be able to start prepping/packing in a few hours. Anyone know what time they're heading out tomorrow?

If the creek don't rise and lord willing , mid morning for me. Should be there around noon.

will do but I aint helping him put it b/w his buns.

I may not get outta here till 11 or so, I'm manning the shop alone this week and leaving early can be dangerous. Looks like I might also have to swing by a project on the way out in the morning. :bang:

@FJCRAWLER kid all you want but your going to be jealous when I break out my cheddar dog - panties might even start flying

Hoping to leave Athens by 10 but gotta stop through Canton on the way. Should be to HP by 4ish local.

@FJCRAWLER kid all you want but your going to be jealous when I break out my cheddar dog - panties might even start flying

Hoping to leave Athens by 10 but gotta stop through Canton on the way. Should be to HP by 4ish local.

hell tony, you and I are about on the same page. shoot me a text msg in the morning, maybe things will work out and we can caravan out there together. I assume you're going via Birmingham?

hell tony, you and I are about on the same page. shoot me a text msg in the morning, maybe things will work out and we can caravan out there together. I assume you're going via Birmingham?

Not sure on route. The internet suggested a northern route but not sure about towing. I've made that drive and it's not flat but 4 lane most of the way. The B'ham route looks easier. I'll get in touch tomorrow when I'm leaving Athens. That'll give us ~ 2hrs to coordinate if it works out.

Looking forward to another day of wheeling in 90°+ weather. Just like AOP back in June.

Not sure on route. The internet suggested a northern route but not sure about towing. I've made that drive and it's not flat but 4 lane most of the way. The B'ham route looks easier. I'll get in touch tomorrow when I'm leaving Athens. That'll give us ~ 2hrs to coordinate if it works out.

Bham is 90% interstate plus I've heard others say the hill climb up to the park from the northern route is something of a ball breaker. I aint never done ti so what do i know.

Looking forward to another day of wheeling in 90°+ weather. Just like AOP back in June.

But it'll be a dry heat this time. :hmm:

I won't be able to leave that early. If anyone knows they'll be there by mid-afternoon, and wants to shoot me their phone number it'd be greatly appreciated. Not sure how service is at Hawk Pride, and MUD is my only avenue of communication with anyone going... lol

I won't be able to leave that early. If anyone knows they'll be there by mid-afternoon, and wants to shoot me their phone number it'd be greatly appreciated. Not sure how service is at Hawk Pride, and MUD is my only avenue of communication with anyone going... lol

PM sent with my cell.

Just discovered my trunnions are shot:/ Luckily I have a knuckle rebuild kit ready to go. I'm trying to leave tonight but it's unlikely. If circumstance permits I'll be headed up around 5am so I can wheel with everyone for the day.

We won't be wheeling tomorrow and it's a big drive. If you get this don't head this way. Good luck with the fix.

Any update?

Top notch park, something for everyone and big enough to keep you entertained.

We had an absolute blast mainly cuz we're all a$$holes.

20160924_234204.jpg

20160923_213445.jpg

20160924_082220.jpg

20160925_080343.jpg

You forgot to mention the AL taxi ride to the vanilla ice cover band playing in the cave:

image.jpeg

And that "Randy made the ditch his bitch" although the photo is Ted. We got a little delayed as we forgot to air down until the last trail of the trip...

image.jpeg

Here are some others. Will post vids tomorrow.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

You forgot to mention the AL taxi ride to the vanilla ice cover band playing in the cave:

Yeah but ya know there's just some thing in this world you have to be there to experience for yourself.
rattlesnake-saloon.jpg

And that "Randy made the ditch his bitch" although the photo is Ted. We got a little delayed as we forgot to air down until the last trail of the trip...

man that was funny, Sidney was down there pinching one off making the rest of us wait.:flush:

A few more. XJ has some as well that I'll try to get.

XJ, CJ, BJ, whatever... a pretty good dude despite being named after a Jeep. I expected him get upset with me after I dumped half of my icy "night-run" beverage is his seat Sat night but he took it in stride.

Yes get his pics and vids, he took a bunch I thought.

Last edited:
Looks like a fun trip

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom